DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another short test of the 7 X optical Tele

Very nice!
Love the parallax effect the 7X brings to drone shots.

Reactions: christangey
What manual settings did you use?
At the start of the shoot the light was so low it was whatever would give me a picture! Later I was using the new Freewell ND filters that are specifically made to take into account the different light capabilities of the two cameras, so very handy in these situations. Otherwise as much as I can these days I try to shoot at C4K, 50P 1/100th at around f4 so using whatever ND will achieve that at a given time of day. Out here in the desert that often involves ND 32 and 64 through most of the day.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
At the start of the shoot the light was so low it was whatever would give me a picture! Later I was using the new Freewell ND filters that are specifically made to take into account the different light capabilities of the two cameras, so very handy in these situations. Otherwise as much as I can these days I try to shoot at C4K, 50P 1/100th at around f4 so using whatever ND will achieve that at a given time of day. Out here in the desert that often involves ND 32 and 64 through most of the day.
How low did you have to go for this well planned night shot?

ABC News article with background on this location and giant cross.
Also extended christangey video.
Some great recognition.

'We had tears in our eyes': Giant cross built on outback mountain after years of fundraising
Thanks South Oz, still at least one more trip out once the LED lights go up, I think it will look amazing at night and predawn especially. By the way, here is still the only way to get up the hill, unless you're stupid enough to walk up in the heat!😎

As a bushwalkers and 4wdr, that’s my kind of country !

Been close to Haasts Bluff, Mt Zeil to be precise, bagged that many years ago as a prelude to the Larapinta Track.

Love NT and WA rock in sunrise and (especially) sunset light.
Like an orange / red neon glow that is hard to accept is real.

As a bushwalkers and 4wdr, that’s my kind of country !

Been close to Haasts Bluff, Mt Zeil to be precise, bagged that many years ago as a prelude to the Larapinta Track.

Love NT and WA rock in sunrise and (especially) sunset light.
Like an orange / red neon glow that is hard to accept is real.
I think it is hard for people who don't live around here. Mt Zeil is supposed to be quite a hike, not sure I'll ever get up there now

I think it is hard for people who don't live around here. Mt Zeil is supposed to be quite a hike, not sure I'll ever get up there now

Give it a go, not too hard really.
Glen Helen dropped us out the west end of the range, was on a sort of leasehold they had, bit f bush bag to get through !!
Then we camped the night and walked along the southern side in the morning until we got to a spur just west of the summit with the spur running up to the summit, slow and steady with avg fitness will get you there.
Getting there (and out) is most of the battle, we were lucky to be walking the remaining 19 days back to Alice afterwards, so didn’t need a pick up :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom