DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Another small powerboat video, taken in the South Puget Sound

Great job. I believe I saw Fox Island and Tanglewood Island.

Reactions: AlecGB
Good eye! That's exactly where we were. Are you a local to the south sound?
No, not really. I lived in Tacoma after the Army and in Burien after getting married. As a young girl my Wife's father was a caretaker on Tanglewood Island where they lived. In the Summer, it was a Scout camp back then. Her and her Sister used a Row Boat to get to Fox Island so they could walk to school at Fox Island School.
A couple of years ago while on Vacation, I shot an unplanned and un-rehearsed drone video of Tanglewood Island. It was also the 1st and only time I got a LAANC approval; for a flight. The Video is here if you would like to see it. I would like to shoot it again now that I have a little time to think about it.

Last edited:
Awesome video!

No, not really. I lived in Tacoma after the Army and in Burien after getting married. As a young girl my Wife's father was a caretaker on Tanglewood Island where they lived. In the Summer, it was a Scout camp back then. Her and her Sister used a Row Boat to get to Fox Island so they could walk to school at Fox Island School.
A couple of years ago while on Vacation, I shot an unplanned and un-rehearsed drone video of Tanglewood Island. It was also the 1st and only time I got a LAANC approval; for a flight. The Video is here if you would like to see it. I would like to shoot it again now that I have a little time to think about it.
That's a cool story. Using a row boat then walking to get to school has to be among the most unique commutes. And I liked the video! I haven't been able to spend time on or shooting tanglewood yet (aside from a boat's perspective) and didn't know it looked quite like that. That lighthouse is really cool. Thanks for sharing! I hope you can make it this way again, I've come to really like shooting the south sound and I think you will too

Awesome video!
Thank you!!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore