DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another unknown group trying to kill our hobby

Aww, that's so cute said the FAA. Just my opinion.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Privacy is extremely important. Why do you think the drone regulations are so strict in Germany? Or, maybe you should look at how strict privacy regulations are.
Why is privacy so important? It is a concept only in some first world countries

Isn't this an exaggeration by the OP to assume it's meant to kill this hobby?
It's trying to put a regulation on how high over a person's property belongs to that person. Flying below that amounts to trespassing. If you are not flying low over someone else's property, there's nothing to worry about. There's so much open space people can fly, why fly over other people's property? It's mainly over houses being a privacy issue. If you want to fly over some farmer's acreage, just knock on their door and ask permission (maybe with a 6-pack).

Same here FlyGuy, I usualy go verticle to between 3 & 400 then head out. Haters gotta Hate.....

This anti drone mentality is not going to go away until everybody on the planet has a drone.

I have a video camera and a mega pixel photo camera and an audio recorder with me pretty much 100% of the time.

Most of the time it hovers and flys at about 3 feet and 2 1/2 miles per hour.
it goes with me into stores, parking lots, private homes, rest rooms, other peoples cars, on the bus, .
I often fly it on a public street within literally inches of other people all the while it is in plain sight or hidden on my person.

I can instantly upload any content I can capture into any social media avanue I want and absolutely nobody cares. Why does nobody care you ask..... simply because it is my cell phone and EVERYBODY has one understands what they do . It is an expected part of everyday life and never a surprise to anyone when I am walking around with it and tapping away on the screen all the while noboby even cares.

I would submit to you that more private content is stolen via cell phone video, audio recording and photo every day than ever could be captured by a drone. And by the way my phone has a flight time of about 12 hours between charges so i don't even have to land to switch batteries.
And NOBODY cares
Drones are the new boogie man and it is human nature for people to revolt / reject what they do not understand.
mikemoose55

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22