DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna Boosters

There are several youtubes for similar setups, mostly with negative results. If you find a good set that helps you, please let us all know.

Reactions: HTXflyer
I tried them on my phantom 4. For me, I found that they didn't work and actually made me lose range. Some people claim they had luck with them, but for me they were paper weight.

Thanks for the comment SLVSRFR. What about parallel versus crossed antenna arrangements I've seen mentioned?

Does anyone have any experience with antenna Boosters similar to these? I'm in a semi-urban environment with LOS and loose controller connection at ~1/2 mile regardless of altitude.

Kuuqa Copper Parabolic Antenna Signal Range Booster for DJI Mavic pro Controller Transmitter Signal Extend https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MSVMW5U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_8PPBybBZ36ZC1
"Drone Valley" swears by them, as demonstrated on his YouTube channel, " 3 killer accessories for your new DJI Mavic" I am yet without a Mavic [preordered] but opted to purchase the boosters as cheap insurance. Not interested in increased RANGE, but in enhancing the signal by "reflecting the stray[backward] signal using the parabolic directional loop. Useful in areas where RFI is problematic

I watched video where he proves that the signal strength increases with a lil meter that has a readout but realworld tests is what I want to see myself.
I ordered the nicest built most spendy one i can find for the mavic pro so ill report back when i finaly get a chance to test it

I watched video where he proves that the signal strength increases with a lil meter that has a readout but realworld tests is what I want to see myself.
I ordered the nicest built most spendy one i can find for the mavic pro so ill report back when i finaly get a chance to test it

Let us know how things go. I'm more about maintaining signal not necessarily extending it.

Oh my bad. It does narrow the signal from what i read you need to point it at the craft in order benefit from it. Seems like its not made for general use but more specific situations. Like if you plan to fly far and high or straight over a field/water etc.

I'll do a thurough test if no1 else does i always do

In my opinion these are junk. I did not see any increase in real life and they just mark up your antennas.

It's pricey and bulky, but the Cyclone booster may be the way to go for you.
LINK: Titan Drones, Inc.
Naa, not crazy about their proprietary mounting and connectors. I modified my controller with the standard SMA connectors which gives you more options. I have a Nano Sync and amps on order, then use a variety of paddle and stick antennas for shorter range.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB