DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna mod. I know, insert eye roll....

mikey2j

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I’ve been getting back into flying my mavic more and have come upon the dreaded losing signal from controller to Mavic situation. Now, the issue I’m having is really dependent on where I fly in my neighborhood. As to be expected, the signal breaks up the more I fly over homes and whatnot. To give you an idea, I just took it out and got 2000 over the neighborhood. I took it in a different direction (over the nature preserve in my backyard) and got a mile. My question is, does anyone have any experience with the 8DBI long range antenna:
6A98D7BA-EFF8-4969-A754-47FF69CFB83B.jpeg

I know that the WiFi in my neighborhood and cell signals are the cause of the disruptions but will these really help me get better range or would you guys/gals recommend a different option? I’d like to get something that is still small/portable that I can fit in my case. I’m pretty handy but I was really the most interested in just taking the controller apart and swapping out the antennas for the long range.

Now, I’m new to the mod game so please, don’t be too harsh :)

Hehe.. we all been there;)
Modding the remote will always increase size so less portable. To get real good results you will need amplified stuff. Go to MAXXUAV, they have the good stuff including TITAN antennae (or Titan site itself). These are 2 super shops that know how to treat customers and know their stuff.
BUT.... there are darker paths that allow you to increase signal output without modifying the remote, you could try that first. You will have to do some homework for that since we re not allowed to discuss this and related stuff on this forum.
The antennae from the picture id not recommend unless amplified.

Reactions: Richard X
There is a video on YouTube that shows you how to do this. i don't see a need to do it you need to fly vlos and it
will go way passed that now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J