DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna replacement part

TartanImport

Reactions
I broke off the base of the antenna and looking for where I could get a replacement. DJI doesn’t seem to sell parts. It still works OK but I’m assuming it will limit the transmission coverage at some point. Looking for suggestions
Adjustments.JPG

Based on the picture, I’m not convinced you broke anything off.
That picture shows what the bottom of the antenna normally looks like.
They tend to not like to be fiddled with, but try to reinsert. May be a bit loose from now on. I do think I’ve seen them on eBay, but whether the mm is the same as the other Mavic controllers, I haven’t determined yet. The antenna wire length itself could be the determining factor. The controller would need to be dismantled to install a new one.
And if you reinsert, keep in mind that it will face the opposite orientation of the other one.

Last edited:
Reactions: scooot
Based on the picture, I’m not convinced you broke anything off.
That picture shows what the bottom of the antenna normally looks like.
They tend to not like to be fiddled with, but try to reinsert. May be a bit loose from now on. I do think I’ve seen them on eBay, but whether the mm is the same as the other Mavic controllers, I haven’t determined yet. The antenna wire length itself could be the determining factor. The controller would need to be dismantled to install a new one.
And if you reinsert, keep in mind that it will face the opposite orientation of the other one.

Thanks for your comments. I was able to get it snapped back on. The antenna wire is broken. I’ve been able to fly it successfully although did get some ‘adjust antenna’ at around 350 ft. I’m wondering if I could solder the wire back together ?

That would be difficult at best. Because of its size and two separate solder connections to do, I wouldn’t even attempt that myself. I may have the internal board and wire from another controller that I don’t need that you are more than welcome to. I would need some pictures to see if they may be a match. Reinstalling a new one would require that you open the controller.

You might as well just buy an antenna mod for $40 bucks like I did with my mavic air and my mavic air flys almost double what it did before and to be honest opening the controller up and installing everything was super easy,I thought it was gonna be hard and almost paid to send it out and have someone else do it until I watched a YouTube video and seen how easy it actually is,I mean super easy,and you’ll get way better range with signal and video transmission and mine isn’t even amplified just different internal antenna wires and 1 flat panel antenna and 1 long regular looking antenna and I couldn’t be happier ,just a thought!!!

You might as well just buy an antenna mod for $40 bucks like I did with my mavic air and my mavic air flys almost double what it did before and to be honest opening the controller up and installing everything was super easy,I thought it was gonna be hard and almost paid to send it out and have someone else do it until I watched a YouTube video and seen how easy it actually is,I mean super easy,and you’ll get way better range with signal and video transmission and mine isn’t even amplified just different internal antenna wires and 1 flat panel antenna and 1 long regular looking antenna and I couldn’t be happier ,just a thought!!!

Thanks - Certainly an optionI hadn’t thought about !

That would be difficult at best. Because of its size and two separate solder connections to do, I wouldn’t even attempt that myself. I may have the internal board and wire from another controller that I don’t need that you are more than welcome to. I would need some pictures to see if they may be a match. Reinstalling a new one would require that you open the controller.

Thanks for the offer! Let me think about it.

The one with the green wire tie is right side. A few differences between the two. D19672F0-7BF2-47DC-B4EC-1C720C428338.jpeg

This one is a bit trickier than a Mavic pro or air controller to open.
DJI is using a bit of glue on a few of the connectors that I’ve not seen before. I haven’t opened an m2 controller, so can’t answer for that one.
Looks so far, to be a similar case, so one of my creations for the mp should fit.3ED9C8A0-A361-440A-BFB3-A23DD0BA5C0C.jpeg80276BA2-2577-41A7-A677-41E9F1F72592.jpeg

If anyone is thinking about opening the mini controller, it is a bit different than an mp controller. On the mini, there is a prong in the upper left corner that keeps it from separating. Once you have all the small tabs popped loose, you will need to slide the front section to the right slightly to separate the two pieces. The small prong slides into small pocket that is molded into the back section.
Be careful.

Test results seem to have made a slight difference in range.
I’ll just say around a 20% increase. There seems to be less of the adjust antenna messages which was part of the goal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15