DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna Signal Penetration (careful now!)

Just for the record - You should be reported!

Really bro, your name is reckless.............. Should we take you seriously having that name Reckless? Or do try to be a "BADASS", but never have any fun? i will fly my drone over anything besides a group of people.. People like complaining about everything drone pilots are doing, saying "YOU SHOULD BE REPORTED", "YOU SHOULD READ THE FAA RULES AND GUIDELINES" are only making things worse for drone pilots! Take a **** chill pill and loosen up! flying over houses is not against the rules, landing in someones yard is not against the rules. if there was a group of people in the yard he is trying to land, would be breaking the "rules". I guess there always has to be that ONE person that has to come in yelling about breaking rules by the FAA...

Reckless and FAA, hear this funny story. One day my daughter forgot her shoes at home when she went to the park. i FLEW her shoes to the parks parking lot and delivered them to her AND i did this without ANY loss of life OR downed aircrafts from collisions. CRAZY I KNOW!

MisterMavic, i applaud you trying to have some fun and showing off your drone by doing something cool, like strapping a key to the drone. Keep doing what you are doing and dont listen to that "WANNABE" badass, aka RECKLESS

Reactions: WAXMAN
Maybe look into a drop mechanism? Like used for fishing with a drone, you could drop a small bright colored package from above where you still have signal.

Good arguments on both sides. However, if he is only at 30 ft AGL, at that distance then he obviously is BVLOS as he cannot see through the houses any better than the signal can go through them. This would make it illegal according to FAA guidelines.

As mentioned above, he could use a drop mechanism and stay high enough to maintain VLOS. With the houses being between him the height would be so high, it would then be unsafe. Use of a long line to lower it. With the long line he would have the additional hazard of possibly hooking a phone/power line that could not be seen from the distance. It was a good thought as mentioned above, but without an ability to eliminate the risks, he would be better to just take the key to his friend.

As a side note. Titan makes some excellent powered booster antennas. Unlike most which are directional, they make one called the ATLAS which is Omni-Directional. It is designed for use in Urban areas and areas with heavy trees. He would have to call them to see if it would work in his situation. They are pricy though, so may be cheaper to deliver the key to his friend. As he does fly in a neighborhood he may want to look at one for his everyday flying to have the added confidence in his signal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman