DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna wire inside Mavic (right front arm)

So how about posting your new flightimes? Im thinking about this mod myself but, only if it warrants 30mins+ of total time.

I have a set of MultiStar 3000mah 3s LIHV batteries. I did a test with only 1 of the batteries (3.62 miles out and 3.62 miles back 7.2 miles round trip, again this was only 1 battery not 2) and AirData reports that I had enough power for 28min. I landed back at takeoff point with 40% batteries left in the tank. I will also say that the height was at 700ft and was getting about 10mph wind from all angles (out and back). A second flight at only 6 miles (round trip) reported 29.5min. So most of the heavy wind on the first flight was out past the 3 mile mark above 600ft.
I will plug both batteries in on the next test, I want to do 4.5 or even 5 miles out. I just got back from flying today but it was to windy for a distance flight so I just flew in the mountains.
I should mention too that where I fly at the elevation increases dramatically so I am in a constant climb to keep above the ground.
I also have 2x turnigy 1000mah and 2x zippy 1300mah batteries that I am flying with. Believe it or not I went out 3 miles with the 2x 1000mah batteries and came back after 14min45sec with 50% still left on the Mavic battery (AirData reports 29min16sec).
I think it has to do with perfect conditions, location and the weight of the batteries. I believe that where I fly an additional 6 to 8 minutes of flight time can be achieved, if not more with the right battery setup. I haven't tested the 2x MS 3000 LIHV batteries together yet but I'm hoping to get 30+ min with them!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos