DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna

Rigsby01

Reactions
Hi people can anybody tell me if yagi antenna extenders work or just a gimmick.

what drone model are you talking about

I tested some this evening with my mini mavic. I won't give any figures for obvious reasons. Firstly they are very directional. Loose sight of your drone and your orientation to it and your signal goes. I got the aircraft disconnected warning. No camera, no map. So I had no idea where it was. Return to home did not kick in. I waited around 30 seconds and still nothing. Upon removing the Yagis the return to home function activated. Followed by camera vison and map working. This was my experience and not one I wish to repeat. An honest opinion.

The only answer I can come up with is that in this situation the Yagis interfered with the signal in a way the mini couldn't understand, but it was still getting some message which stopped it going in return to home mode.

They are cheap enough to try for yourself, remember to get the right version for the frequency you want to use

6 pole - 5.8ghz,
4 pole - 2.4ghz

Check out YouTube. There are LOTS (some recent) videos about using extenders and comparing the yagis and reflectors.

They are cheap enough to try for yourself, remember to get the right version for the frequency you want to use

6 pole - 5.8ghz,
4 pole - 2.4ghz
That could have been my issue. I didn't select a signal frequency.

That could have been my issue. I didn't select a signal frequency.

Try it and get back to us on the results. it would be interesting to see what they are.
Do you have a link to the Yagi model you bought

Thanks I just saw a utube video some guy got 4500m with them, I don't wont them as only fly in line of sight with air2 but just thought I would ask .

what drone model are you talking about
I have a Mavi Mini and a Holy Stone. The HS controller has those (supposed) antennae as well. But upon opening the controller, I learned they're merely decoration! I can't see any wires going to the antennae on the Mavic mini controller from the outside. I'll have to take your word for it, that they really are antennae.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan