DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anxiety when flying

Thanks again for all the comments guys.

Obstacle avoidance sounds useful, but I don't think I would want to rely on it so happy my current drone doesn't have it. It makes sense to me to learn not to crash it myself. :)

I have the Mini 2 SE it does have sensors on the bottom to help it stop it hitting the ground but i assume if you fly it at the ground they wont stop it crashing.

Reactions: Mr Bowcat
You know statistically, the pilots with the most accidents tend to be the beginners and the advanced pilots, those in the middle tend to be the safest.

Like said above, take it slow and easy, go through the manual a lot, and take more of the free FAA classes and other references that you can find because increasing your knowledge about flying and your drone will help you be less anxious, and also find someone knowledgeable about flying drones who can work with you and be your VO while you start out so you can concentrate on flying for fun while you learn more about it in a safe manner.

Fear of something, prevents you from thinking.
If you realize that there is no point in worrying about the things that are in your control as well as the things that are not in your control, everything will be much easier and pleasant.
That takes time, of course.
I usually don't use RTH, but instead, I remember where I am and on the way back, when I see I'm getting close, I just flip the camera vertically and land, looking at the tablet display.

Fear of something, prevents you from thinking.
If you realize that there is no point in worrying about the things that are in your control as well as the things that are not in your control, everything will be much easier and pleasant.
That takes time, of course.
I usually don't use RTH, but instead, I remember where I am and on the way back, when I see I'm getting close, I just flip the camera vertically and land, looking at the tablet display.
Originally, I was a bag of nerves. I'd start fretting before I got in the car and headed out, fret and worry about what might go wrong while I was driving, then worry about what other people's reactions might be as soon as I set up to fly. I'd then be looking over one shoulder regularly to see if there was anyone who even looked slightly offended.

All of that gradually eased off over about 4 years. Now: I just look forward to what I planned to do, enjoy capturing the shots and really don't give a monkeys chuff about the ill-informed, hectoring opinions of "I-know-my-rights" stickybeaks.

Anxiety is not good. Nervous is good. Nervous means you are more aware of what's around you and what you're doing.

All of that gradually eased off over about 4 years.

The only thing that makes me worry after only a few weeks of owning my drone and only a handful of flights is trees i am quite happy to fly it in open spaces and no longer fret after take off but i am still avoiding areas where there are lots of trees.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stokdgenetics