DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any advantage of Wifi over RC?

MPPDrogon

Reactions
Hi, Newbie here. There's a switch of Wifi and RC in Mavic Pro Platinum.
I usually use RC mode. But, is there any advantage of using WIFI over RC?

Thanks

Thanks
always keep it on RC that is for the controller to fly the mav if you go to Wifi that is for your phone or tablet to control the mav and as stated the range and height are restricted and the control is not as smooth,its really for just quickly getting your mav in the air without having to set up the controller or if the controllers battery is flat

Reactions: Slade

Thanks
There’s some fringe situation where you might be walking about having the drone follow you with active track but don’t want the controller to be in the video so you could set active track with your phone and put in your pocket and the drone will follow you.

I also find it mildly convenient when I just need to do something like format the SD card or something that would be more work then it’s worth to set up the remote and connect. Just watch out if you are anything like me you need to remember to switch back to RC when you are done or the next time you want to fly you’ll be dumbfounded as to why the remote is taking so long to connect to the drone(because the drone is still in Wi-Fi mode not RC mode)

Wifi is to use directly to your phone if you don't have the controller. Range is only about 100m, you have to control with awful virtual joysticks on the phoen touchscreen etc,...

Only if you’ve forgotten your R/C. Normally I forget my iPad, then I just use my iPhone or fly blind and LOS just like we always do, don’t we!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive