DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any advice on how to clean my Mavic ?

mattitech07

Reactions
I own a MA2 for a year and a half that works really well and gave no major problems since now.
The only problem is that it really needs some cleaning, I've got dust in the gimbal(that caused no problems since now but I'm scared it will and it looks really bad), and it still has some dirty spots from a crash. Some metal parts are rusty, but I know that I really can't do anything about that because I live in an area where air is salty and humid.
The reason why I never really attempted to clean it is because I don't know how to do it properly, for example I'm scared to use wet cloths and anything involving water to clean it but I'm left with no good options other than a simple handkerchief. Do you have any advice on how I can clean my Mavic effectively and safely ?

I’ve always cleaned all my drones with baby wipes with Aloe
especially the blades. Gets bug guts off and helps keeping them from sticking so bad. Gimbal I’ve used cans of compressed air and on all my batteries connecters I use CRC then a touch of
DeoxITgold on all my charger and battery connections.
image.jpg

Has always worked for me. Might not in your environment but does here and we are bad humid in the summer and dusty.
My sensors and lens glass I use alcohol on q-tips.
Is what I do anyway.

Just in case, I would NOT use a solvent cleaner near the gimbal, air blow it or vaccum the motors/bearings but, and especially with a vacuum cleaner, be careful to support the gimbal so that it is not stressed.
I'd wipe the plastics with a damped cloth.
Why no solvent around the gimbal? I fear it could attack the bearings' lubrication, I guess there is precious little 'grease' in the first place..
For bugs on body work I have used either a water damped cloth or perhaps an alcohol damped cloth.

Last edited:
Reactions: mattitech07
Reactions: rjwmorrell
Alcohol cleans all plastic surfaces well. For metal wipe with a thin lube on a rag to prevent rust and corrosion. A bulb type hand blower (also sucks) is helpful to remove dirt, used on babies and soldering.

Reactions: DougMcC
Wiping with Lub can create dust traps if one is not careful.
Actually and completely off the topic of drones, in old hand soldered Avometers smears of grease where, and are, placed in the case to capture loose solder beads.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne