DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any advice on removing the micro SD card from my Mavic Mini?

Eric L

Reactions
In my haste to capture the sunrise this morning, I ended up wedging the card into the slot, and now, not only is the card not getting recognized, I can't remove it. I was able to remove the bottom cover by way of the battery compartment, but that's not much help.
Thanks y'all - Eric

You say wedged, which if inserted correct, is how it works. I'm going to guess that you forced it in, upside down. If you can grab it with tweezers, go that route. You may be able to wiggle it a little to get it to pop out a little or all the way using a toothpick or something.

It is difficult to insert it incorrectly, you'd need to force it in. It inserts easy the correct way. So never force the SD card into the slot.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Thanks- I was finally able to get it out with tweezers. And yep- I forced it in as I was running out the door. Lesson learned.
Thanks again.

• Wow
Reactions: Recoveryone
In my haste to capture the sunrise this morning...

Welcome to the forum. I like the excitement! I’m only into my first month with my new Mini, so I rush out the door, pulling up to a parking spot already unzipping my Fly More case.

Eric L, since you have already made the mistake with the SD card, watch out for the Micro USB-A port on the side of the RC.
The Micro USB- A is rectangular shape which allows you to jam in the usb connector upside down breaking the connecting tab in the port.
You'll notice the tab in the port is orientated to the lower half so you need to line up the usb connector with this.

Don't come back to the forum with "my RC can't connect or charge anymore" as you have been warned LOL. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Brido
Many folks have problems with micro-SD cards due to the size of the card vs. the size of their fingers...this is true not just for drones for for any device that uses the tiny micro-SD.

Inserting the card (provided it’s oriented correctly) until it ‘clicks’ into place is usually not a problem - it’s removing it.

As mentioned above some folks use tweezers, I use something different .

Carefully trim a small piece of Scotch tape, attach it to the top/bottom of the card while folding it over to make a ‘tail’ that sticks out. This makes it easier to remove after you push it in to unlock it.

38b16728e66f10dbb442c32d87c3af77.jpg

Reactions: CareyL
Yes...spring-loaded, like other DJI drones but it rarely pops the card out enough for my sausage fingers to grasp it...this way I don’t have to pack tweezers in the kit.

I have the same problem on my MP1 and Enterprise birds.

Reactions: Thomas B and WooZie
I would be a little hesitant to use cellophane tape (Scotch) because just pulling the tape from the spool can generate a static charge on the tape that can damage the card. If the humidity is not low, it may be safe.

Perhaps use something like this? (ESD tape from Global Industries)

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803