DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Alaska 107 pilots still using this forum?

Hello from the Crossroads of America JOAT.

I'm far from Alaska but this member from North Pole, Alaska is an active flyer that posts regularly.

Check him out.

Check out the members map and see if anybody is around your area.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Welcome to the Forum , We have quite a few Clients from Alaska will give them a ring to say hello

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain < Land on the Water , and fly with our new Cinematic Control Pods.

New to this forum, which was recommended by Pilot Institute on FB. Just curious if there are other Alaska pilots hanging around here. I'm on the Kenai.
I'm from PA but I toured AK back in '95 and always watch akdrone's videos, he posts them pretty regularly. I'm also going fishing in the inner passage this summer and my buddy is bringing his drone and I'm Part 107 certified so we're good to go and can hardly wait. Do you think you can get anything of the Time Bandit?

I'm not a 107 kind of guy :) but you can find a few (too many?) of my drone videos at my youtube page at https://www.youtube.com/@digibud/videos. I have yet to get down to the deep south of the Kenai area but it's high on my list, maybe a midweek jaunt when the salmon aren't in at the mouth ... although a drone's eye view of dipnetting (which I've joined several times) at the mouth of the Kenai might be interesting! Look for the AK Railroad vid. :)

I'm not a 107 kind of guy :) but you can find a few (too many?) of my drone videos at my youtube page at https://www.youtube.com/@digibud/videos. I have yet to get down to the deep south of the Kenai area but it's high on my list, maybe a midweek jaunt when the salmon aren't in at the mouth ... although a drone's eye view of dipnetting (which I've joined several times) at the mouth of the Kenai might be interesting! Look for the AK Railroad vid. :)

The mouth of the Kenai is directly under the approach path into the Kenai Municipal Airport and it is Class D restricted airspace. The north beach is a zero grid and the south beach is a 50 grid. That said, I got a LAANC approval to fly in the north beach zero grid up to 100AGL last summer. But as the fates would have it, my waiver day weather turned out crappy. I'll probably try again this summer in early July. It's just a lot of hoops to jump through with the FAA to fly there, not to mention the DJI unlock process to go with it.

The mouth of the Kenai is directly under the approach path into the Kenai Municipal Airport and it is Class D restricted airspace. The north beach is a zero grid and the south beach is a 50 grid. That said, I got a LAANC approval to fly in the north beach zero grid up to 100AGL last summer. But as the fates would have it, my waiver day weather turned out crappy. I'll probably try again this summer in early July. It's just a lot of hoops to jump through with the FAA to fly there, not to mention the DJI unlock process to go with it.
That's what non-dji drones are made for! FAA rules and DJI authorization not required! ( tongue in cheek...don't actually own one...)

Do you think you can get anything of the Time Bandit?
When the Time Bandit is in Homer, it's parked in a 200 grid for the Homer Airport Class E2 airspace. They have auto LAANC approvals to 100ft on The Spit. But good luck finding a place where you won't be OOP around the harbor.

That's what non-dji drones are made for! FAA rules and DJI authorization not required! ( tongue in cheek...don't actually own one...)
Once you figure out how to go through the unlock process on DJI, it's actually not that hard. I regularly fly in geofenced areas via automatic unlocks. My only complaint is that I have to go through those steps for a number of locations that are DJI geofenced, but they're actually unrestricted airspace per the FAA.

When the Time Bandit is in Homer, it's parked in a 200 grid for the Homer Airport Class E2 airspace. They have auto LAANC approvals to 100ft on The Spit. But good luck finding a place where you won't be OOP around the harbor.
OOP ? Had to look up Time Bandit. Never saw the show...had never heard of it :).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s