DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any alternative to transfer files from drone beside keep removing the SD card?

Pontoon-pilot

Reactions
So far the only two methods I am aware are to unfold the drone's arm, pop the SD card cover open, remove SD card, take it to a PC, and copy.
or
link up to the drone via the USB C, which requires removing the gimble cover, folding out the arms, turning on the drone, and copy....right?

Can it be done via wifi?
or any other methods?
The SD card method is ok, but sometimes forget to put it back in the drone when I go flying.
thanks

Sounds good, SD card it is then,
I am hoping DJI built a heavy-duty internal micro SD card receiver.
I manage to break a USB SD card reader to the point where it was not possible to insert the card; did the internal pins folded, bent, broke, I don't know.

No.

No.

Removing the memory card is the easiest and fastest method to transfer the files. For the fastest transfer, use a memory card that has a fast read speed, use a USB 3.0 memory card reader, and make sure to insert the reader into a USB 3.0 port (should be blue inside) on your computer.

Not sure what drone this advice is for ?
I do this 99% of the time when travelling with my MP, but I only shoot video in 1080.

Download to the ipad mini 4 (or rarely iphone 6), takes a lot longer but works a treat while I'm doing something else.
I would probably always do it from the SD card if I had a laptop with USB connection on trips, but I don't . . . however I have used this SD reader - Lightning card and taken vids / photos off the card / adapter . . .

Apple Lightning To SD Card Camera Reader

Not sure what drone this advice is for ?
It's advice for any DJI drone.

Your workflow is an option as well. However, in this case, it's not going to be an option since the OP is trying to move the files to a PC.

Can it be done via wifi?
Yes, but only from the Mavic to the device you're using for DJI Go 4, but you still need to have the drone unfolded and powered on.

If you have a Mavic 2 you don't need to unfold the arms to open the cover on the card slot to remove the card.

I have the Mavic Air and just plug in the wires that came with it used for charging. Remove the adapter that charges the control box and plug into the back of the drone.
Then the USB to my Mac. When the card starts getting full, just format the SD card through the controller. I never have to take it out.

over the years ive damaged 2 micro sd cards just from ordinary handling. in my full frame cameras i now only use CF cards which are almost bulletproof.

so now i just connect the cable and download directly to the pc. never had a problem doing this

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midlifecrisis77