DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any DJI Wide-Angle Lens Owner Opinions?

Cosmo0g

Quirky Bird
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm thinking of getting one mainly for landscape photos. I can't find very many reviews on it, so I was wondering what people who actually have one think. I know it bends the horizon more, but what about the actual image quality? Is the picture as sharp as the main camera? Does it effect the color? If you lost yours, would you buy it again?

Works well for what I do. There was some discussion regarding the DJI wide lens verses an aftermarket. Cheap is cheap in my opinion.

Reactions: Cosmo0g
If it’s just for stills, save your money & take multiple shots in a panorama. Lightroom & other software will merge literally dozens of stills with the same eye point. I often do panoramas.

Reactions: Grimmi and Cosmo0g
I decided to get one, and I like the results. It does bend the horizon quite a bit though. And, when I straighten it in LR, I lose a lot of the view that I gained. Here's an example without the wide lens, and two with it but one is straightened. They were shot on different days hence the light and color difference. Overall, I'm happy because I only paid $100. For $180, probably not, but B&H has them for $150, so that'd be a maybe.

Attachments

• DJI_0157.jpg
    DJI_0157.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19
  • DJI_0185.jpg
    DJI_0185.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • DJI_0185-2.jpg
    DJI_0185-2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Reactions: Starz
I decided to get one, and I like the results. It does bend the horizon quite a bit though. And, when I straighten it in LR, I lose a lot of the view that I gained. Here's an example without the wide lens, and two with it but one is straightened. They were shot on different days hence the light and color difference. Overall, I'm happy because I only paid $100. For $180, probably not, but B&H has them for $150, so that'd be a maybe.
Not much gain really, especially after straightening the horizon. Stitching seems to me like a much better option, obviously for stills only.

Last edited:
The OP never said he does not do any post processing. I am sorry but as it stands you are engaging in making an unfounded assumption.
Read post number three, then read post number 4 AGAIN. I’m not the one missing the point.

I’m using the wide angle lens on the Mavic 3 and as a photojournalist, creating a panoramic through stitching is not an accepted practice So the wide angle solves a problem of needing an even wider perspective at times. I have found the images created with the wider angle lens are sharp, but there is some curvature on the horizon when using the adapter. I think it was worth the $$ and is able to create publication worthy images.

Reactions: Cosmo0g
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk