DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Fly Safe Database updates between 12/2018 and 01/2019?

dawaske

Reactions
Hello everyone!
I recently bought two Mavic 2 Pros, one of them was manufactured in 12/2018 and the other one in 01/2019. Now I need to decide which one to keep (both are still sealed) and which one to return. The reason I'm doing this is the stupid fly safe database, which should be as old as possible. On the other hand, however, I'd also like to use the waypoint features introduced in the January 2019 firmware update, so the question is:

Was there any update of the fly safe database between 12/2018 and 01/2019?

I know about the Geo Zones 2.0, which were introduced for the US on November 11th, 2018 and for Europe on February 19th, 2019, but not if there have been any minor updates in-between. Do you have more information about that?
Cheers,
Daniel

Hello everyone!
I recently bought two Mavic 2 Pros, one of them was manufactured in 12/2018 and the other one in 01/2019. Now I need to decide which one to keep (both are still sealed) and which one to return. The reason I'm doing this is the stupid fly safe database, which should be as old as possible. On the other hand, however, I'd also like to use the waypoint features introduced in the January 2019 firmware update, so the question is:

Was there any update of the fly safe database between 12/2018 and 01/2019?

I know about the Geo Zones 2.0, which were introduced for the US on November 11th, 2018 and for Europe on February 19th, 2019, but not if there have been any minor updates in-between. Do you have more information about that?
Cheers,
Daniel
Just don't update otherwwise you are screwd. If you update database (EU) you are mostly grounded. If you do not need to than don't do it.

Do not update the firmware, the fly safe database or neither? I'm still not sure whether firmware updates also contain fly safe database updates or if those are completely separate...

Do not update the firmware, the fly safe database or neither? I'm still not sure whether firmware updates also contain fly safe database updates or if those are completely separate...
They contain flysafe updates. Never update anything. DJI doesn’t want want people to actually use their products anymore.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes