DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any half decent free simulators ?

keat63

Reactions
I just installed the free version of DJI flight Sim, but my controller isn't compatible, and I don't particularly like the idea of having to hook up my mavic to the PC to run the sim.
What's the point of that ??

So I guess begs the question, are there any half decent free simulators around. ?

DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic has a simulator. It's only good to practice basic maneuvers. I use it to build muscle memory on the sticks. I completely understand having to hook up the drone to the PC. Kinda a PIA.

But doesn't this require a dedicated controller and the mavic (minus props) hooked up.

I'm just looking for something simple where I can use a game controller.
I found a sim on Microsoft store but it was absolute garbage.
I'm not a coder, but I reckon even I could have done better.
Ok maybe not, so let's say it was coded by a 10 year old.

When I went to use the DJI simulator for my Mavic Zoom, it gave me a warning in that it may change your settings that would effect real flight......any truth to that?

WDK

I found something interesting.
When I originally received the mavic, I only used the controller to see it working. The remote was in gps mode.
I later hooked up my phone and switched to beginner mode.
Yesterday, I played with it without my phone hooked up, and the remote showed I was still in beginner mode.
Based on this, then I guess its possible for the device to remember any flight sim settings.

I managed to get the dji sim working with a USB clone xbox controller, but it was too difficult to fly.
My screen isn't big enough, the controller is too sensitive,.
The app isn't that good.

If you consider not-free options, RealFlight (with or without Spektrum controller) is a good option, though drone part is smaller then fixed wing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803