DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Any idea what just flew past the drone?

Notice how the object is in focus for a bit and as it heads towards the upper middle of the frame starts to go out of focus? This implies that it is actually quite close to the camera, ie closer than the 1m min focus distance.
Exactly, if it were a drone at the perceived distance, it would still have been in focus.

Reactions: scro
Hi, this is a snippet from a video I caught yesterday. Any idea what just zoomed right in front of my drone at high speed?
Looks like a device to capture a drone, and you were the lucky target!

Hi, this is a snippet from a video I caught yesterday. Any idea what just zoomed right in front of my drone at high speed?
Youtube. Search "Fastwalker UFO". I've caught one with my drone, and it left me scratching my head.

Youtube. Search "Fastwalker UFO". I've caught one with my drone, and it left me scratching my head.
Another tiny piece of something drifting on the wind. It's remarkable how this seems to be an insurmountable optical illusion for so many people.

It defiantly looks like a drone and a phantom type as there are many that look like that, yes it was going at a fair lick (in English) very fast.

Reactions: careless
I don't think it are a pair of Dandelion seeds. They would need to pass quit close and the wind of the props would blow them away. To me, it looks like added afterwards ;-)

Reactions: Droniac
They would need to pass quit close and the wind of the props would blow them away.
They are out of frame before the current from the drone would have effected them and as pointed out by someone else they get so close they get out of focus at the end.

Reactions: Droniac
Firstly that’s a beautiful scene. That was a DJI (GSS) Geonet supervising seagul. They also use eagles and certain areas peregrine falcons. A close one, nonetheless. Thanks for sharing. Godspeed Droniac

I went full screen and stopped the video @ about 5 secs. I bumped it on the line below to bring it in. Definitely NOT a bird. I saw what I think are 2 propellers. RC plane? Could be a drone in sport mode (@Itzmyobsession). Came in low and was climbing out. Whatever it is...it only took 1 - 1.5 seconds to cross your FOV. It was definitely moving.

Any rich person's house or government buildings there? Their security patrol? (I say that somewhat jokingly, but ya never know)
This got very interesting thanks to Propwash! Thanks to all. Hmmmm. What the Hec was that then? ?

Firstly that’s a beautiful scene. That was a DJI (GSS) Geonet supervising seagul. They also use eagles and certain areas peregrine falcons. A close one, nonetheless. Thanks for sharing. Godspeed Droniac
Of course I’m jesting ….

Reactions: G Randy Brown
I slowed it way down (10% initial speed) and enhanced and zoomed the video. At times.... it looks like a drone.

Attachments

• flat,550x550,075,f.jpg
    flat,550x550,075,f.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members