DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Kauai Mavic flying tips? (Primarily Northshore)

brettseattle

Reactions
Hello everyone if you have any experience flying Kauai would love to hear some do's and don'ts and "must shoots!" on the island. (Beyond the normal No Fly Zones, federal park, and Airport boundary advise). We have been to the island eight or nine times and are going back for 10 days in July. This is the first time for me with the Mavic Pro (100+ hours with it).

I am comfortable flying over water and scoping out the good shots (see my primary videos here: Home | Meet Kitsap or on YouTube:
).

I also picked up the Polar Pro Cinema filters and will be flying with those for the first time.

But would also love to hear any great drone-worthy spots or "must-fly" locales in Kauai. Also love to connect with Kauai Mavic Pro owners as well (we adore the island).

Thanks in advance!

Was there last week didn't get to fly much coz of the typival Hawaiian weather. I just ended up flying around our hotel. ... Marriott.

Hi brettseattle,

When are you going to be there? I'll be there 7/19-25. Would love to meet up and learn from a more experience pilot.

-Jeff

So did you find anywhere really cool to fly? I’m heading there Wednesday and would love to benefit from what you learned!

Reactions: Joebie
I’m landing in Kaui next week, staying in Princeville until end of March. Kaui is where I’ll learn to fly as NW Ontario Canada has been too cold since I picked up a Mavic Air on Boxing Day.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada