DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

any ladies fly drones?

Yes.
I'm a 64 year old woman that has been a photographer for 50 years. I wanted a drone to get a different perspective on things and ended up being hooked on flying. I started out with a Phantom 3 standard, picked up a Spark for fun and now fly a Mavic 2 Pro. When I started flying I just thought I'd send it up, take some shots and be done. But I soon found that that it wasn't just getting the shot. I had no idea that it would be so much fun to fly! So I got my Part 107 this spring so that I could sell my work but I usually just fly for fun because I think that it's a fantastic hobby.
Most onlookers that see me flying in public are usually very curious and I always chat them up (after landing) and most people are very excited to learn a bit about the hobby. I also always hand catch for the public to show that drones are not spying, killing machines out to end western civilization as the media seems to like to portray them.
Just my 2 cents worth. Be safe, have fun, drone on!

I know there girls flying drones but every time I talk about drones, only guys shows interested. I couldn't ever understand why they are not attracted to it.

Yes.
I'm a 64 year old woman that has been a photographer for 50 years. I wanted a drone to get a different perspective on things and ended up being hooked on flying. I started out with a Phantom 3 standard, picked up a Spark for fun and now fly a Mavic 2 Pro. When I started flying I just thought I'd send it up, take some shots and be done. But I soon found that that it wasn't just getting the shot. I had no idea that it would be so much fun to fly! So I got my Part 107 this spring so that I could sell my work but I usually just fly for fun because I think that it's a fantastic hobby.
Most onlookers that see me flying in public are usually very curious and I always chat them up (after landing) and most people are very excited to learn a bit about the hobby. I also always hand catch for the public to show that drones are not spying, killing machines out to end western civilization as the media seems to like to portray them.

I’d love to see some of your work!!!

Reactions: Carb63
I'm a woman, serious amateur photographer, and now a Mavic Air pilot. My husband got the drone for me for Christmas - I had been wanting to get one for a long while, and I just love it.

I’d love to see your work too :)

Yes.
I would love to see your work as well.

Female semi professional drone pilot here:). There aren't many of us it has to be said. I own a Spark and a Mavic 2 Zoom, and I fly a Phantom 3 Pro and a Mavic Pro at work.

I think an advantage of being female in this hobby is that you get more polite and friendly interest about the drone and less of the 'You're spying on me/ Technology is scary' responses. I do my best to be a good drone ambassador and answer people's questions.

Reactions: Carb63 and BigAl07
Female semi professional drone pilot here:). There aren't many of us it has to be said. I own a Spark and a Mavic 2 Zoom, and I fly a Phantom 3 Pro and a Mavic Pro at work.

I think an advantage of being female in this hobby is that you get more polite and friendly interest about the drone and less of the 'You're spying on me/ Technology is scary' responses. I do my best to be a good drone ambassador and answer people's questions.

I think that's 1000000% accurate. My wife gets no negative comments or "weird" looks while flying. Plus, if I were being honest, she's a much smoother pilot albeit more cautious than I am.

Same here at my country...i suspect that they exist, but never saw...at least with drones.
Happy flights everbody!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet