DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

chino316

Reactions
Hi,

Any drone flyers from around Elmsford,NY or westchester county,NY area? I’m a new owner of the Mavic Pro Platinum, coming from the phantom 2, was also wondering if anybody knows any good flying fields or parks around my area I mentioned. Thank You.

Hi,

Any drone flyers from around Elmsford,NY or westchester county,NY area? I’m a new owner of the Mavic Pro Platinum, coming from the phantom 2, was also wondering if anybody knows any good flying fields or parks around my area I mentioned. Thank You.

I'm in the Elmsford Area as well. I've flown mainly in Carols Nichols Park. There's also Deluca Park which Im going to try soon. Today I flew in Tarrytown Lakes Park, that was pretty cool as I got some good shots of the reservoir.

Hi,

Im just up the road from elmsford. Looking for places to fly - still havent made my first flight.

Im just up the road from elmsford. Looking for places to fly - still havent made my first flight.

Try a big park like Carols Nichols Park, it has a secondary area that's nice and open for first timers. Its where I also first flew, not counting inside my house.

Hey guys I'm from Yonkers and i usually fly around Croton park area and in New Rochelle as well

I'm in Brewster. About 1/2 hr north. There are some good parks/lakes up around here

The Tarrytown reservoir is really nice. Sit on the benches at the end of the water and fly around the islands, etc. The coolest thing is to climb out of the western end of the reservoir and you're facing straight at the new Tappan Zee bridge!
DJI_0010r.jpg

Reactions: JFree and One Eyed
Oh...by the way, I'm in Purchase...just started flying in December and the winter has not been particularly friendly, but I've gotten out a few times. Here's the view of White Plains from above the treeline of my house.
DJI_0038-r.jpg

Just a quick update...finally got out and flew the new Tap three weeks ago. Flew completely across the river and then worked my way back along the bridge. Took this snap on the way back. IT was a really gray day...but it was still fun. Will go back when I get some time on a nice sunny day, or maybe catch a sunset from the southern side.
TZB1.jpg

Oh...by the way, I'm in Purchase...just started flying in December and the winter has not been particularly friendly, but I've gotten out a few times. Here's the view of White Plains from above the treeline of my house.
View attachment 36667
Nice pic. Where did you fly out of? Anyone give you a hard time flying near the bridge?

I’ve been wanting to fly over the river out of croton point park, just haven’t had the time.

Nice pic. Where did you fly out of? Anyone give you a hard time flying near the bridge?

I’ve been wanting to fly over the river out of croton point park, just haven’t had the time.
There's a walking path right at the north base of the bridge - and it's totally legal to fly there. No one bothered me. I'll see when I go back.

Hey Chino316 and mbantug. I’m from upper north east Bronx border of New Rochelle I’m new to the forum. A month in. I grew up in New Rochelle and fly a lot st Davenport park. Are you guys still flying ?

Hello all :) I just got my first drone, MA2, and have been flying around a soccer field at my daughter's elementary school in Hartsdale, NY during the summer while school was out. Since school is back in session I've been staying away. Glad I found you guys!

Hey all!!
also new here. I live in yonkers...I have a Mavic Mini which I crashed lol and I now have a MA2. With the Mini the first flight I ever did was in Hudson park New Rochelle, I was told by a park ranger I needed a permit to fly there.
since then I kept it pretty low key. I did fly in Tarrytown by the train station sevral times. in the day and at night. never got bothered there. all with the Mini.
Yesterday I took the MA2 on it first flight and flew in Harriman State park and I was asked by a ranger to bring it down. I did not know it was not allowed to fly in NYS parks.

I fly in westchester , The key is to take off and land outside the park. you cn fly the park, they have no juristition of airspace. Just dont land there.

Hey Chino316 and mbantug. I’m from upper north east Bronx border of New Rochelle I’m new to the forum. A month in. I grew up in New Rochelle and fly a lot st Davenport park. Are you guys still flying ?
Het Chino316, I too grew up in New Rochelle , lived in Davenport neck by the country clubs, fly there all the time. Lets meet up this week if upon like.

Reactions: RecDroneFlyer
Hey all!!
also new here. I live in yonkers...I have a Mavic Mini which I crashed lol and I now have a MA2. With the Mini the first flight I ever did was in Hudson park New Rochelle, I was told by a park ranger I needed a permit to fly there.
since then I kept it pretty low key. I did fly in Tarrytown by the train station sevral times. in the day and at night. never got bothered there. all with the Mini.
Yesterday I took the MA2 on it first flight and flew in Harriman State park and I was asked by a ranger to bring it down. I did not know it was not allowed to fly in NYS parks.
Yeah. However, You can fly over state parks but you just can’t launch, operate, or land within the park boundaries without obtaining a permit from the Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation.

Hi,

I am in the market for a Drone but will also like to know if there is an area in Elmsford to fly?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa