DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Mini 3 Pro owners in CANADA specifically NOT experiencing range issues?

I've noticed a trend that most of the people or almost all of the people who are experiencing signal or range issues seem to be from Canada (myself included)

Are there any who have the drone but are NOT experiencing signal issues??
I can tell you, i'm experiencing the same disappointment, here in France! Off course in EU (not FCC) transmission mode, because i'm in Europe. Transmission works roughly as bad as my first Mini 1 (Wifi), and much worse than my AIR 2 (Ocusync 2). I'll try to pair my RCN1 remote to the Mini 3 Pro, and will compare the results between RCN1 and the new DJI RC i bought it with.

I always thought Canada adopted FCC standard for radio transmission?

I live in the GTA. I have noticed that the Mini 3 Pro definitely doesn’t have the range compared to my Mini 2 when flying the same course within the city. This is with the latest firmware update. As I just picked up the Mini 3 a few days ago, I am disappointed.
Just flew with my N-1 controller in 5.8 mode, and I got much better range, similar or better than my Mini 2. Will have to try my DJI RC in 5.8 mode to see if range improves in this urban environment

My issues seem to have cleared up with the latest firmware release. Previously I wasn't able to fly out to this sailboat (350 Metres) from shore without loosing all the white bars and when flying past the sailboat (400 metres) the signal would suddenly move to orange bars, disconnect and reconnect. On two occasions the drone went into 'Return to Home'.

Now after the firmware updates I can fly out to the boat without any issues and I have from the same location flown out to another boat which is about 1km and partially obscured with trees blocking the view. Again no issues. Hopefully this update will end the range problems that most people have been experiencing in Canada.

Attachments

• DJI_0261.jpg
    DJI_0261.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Just flew with my N-1 controller in 5.8 mode, and I got much better range, similar or better than my Mini 2. Will have to try my DJI RC in 5.8 mode to see if range improves in this urban environment
Just tried the DJI RC on 5.8. Not much better than before. I think I will retire it until DJI corrects the range issue and use my N-1 controller on 5.8.

My issues seem to have cleared up with the latest firmware release. Previously I wasn't able to fly out to this sailboat (350 Metres) from shore without loosing all the white bars and when flying past the sailboat (400 metres) the signal would suddenly move to orange bars, disconnect and reconnect. On two occasions the drone went into 'Return to Home'.

Now after the firmware updates I can fly out to the boat without any issues and I have from the same location flown out to another boat which is about 1km and partially obscured with trees blocking the view. Again no issues. Hopefully this update will end the range problems that most people have been experiencing in Canada.
Which controller are you using?

Managed to double my distance using the RC-N1 on top of the drone on startup trick (3000ft to 6000ft now).
Had 2-3 bars at about 4000ft, but kept going and had back to 4 bars for a little bit. Much more satisfied with this range since it is more than what I need. Now, just waiting for DJI to apply this trick officially without making us do this contraption.

I'm just trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue but DJI is not giving me any info

I was in at my local(ish) drone shop and asked the technician I was talking to about the issue. He said that it affected 1 or 2 of their 400 customers (who had purchased the Mini 3).

Which seems to me to indicate that there might be a hardware link (maybe a race condition) or a really flaky software/firmware bug (also maybe a race condition).

I'm thinking a race condition because slowing down satellite acquisition seems to help people.

Reactions: Torque
I was in at my local(ish) drone shop and asked the technician I was talking to about the issue. He said that it affected 1 or 2 of their 400 customers (who had purchased the Mini 3).

Which seems to me to indicate that there might be a hardware link (maybe a race condition) or a really flaky software/firmware bug (also maybe a race condition).

I'm thinking a race condition because slowing down satellite acquisition seems to help people.
If 1-2 of 400 people noticed it, that would be about right. For the a lot of people the CE mode is going to be fine and they will be perfectly happy. For folks pushing the limits, even if they notice the reception isn't good, they are going to be *very* unlikely recognize that it is in CE vs FCC mode.

Reactions: KLRSKIR and Torque
Update from DJI - for what it's worth, they are expecting a firmware update shortly to address the CE/FCC switching:
Upon confirming with the engineer, an upcoming update is expecting to solve the issue. They have not provided us the releasing date but they have mentioned it should be ready in a week time as they are performing several test to ensure the performance and stability of the update.

Reactions: Torflyer and Torque
The "issues" you are experiencing is business as normal for us here in CE unfortunately. At least you guys will get a fix.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter