DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Mini 3 Pro owners in CANADA specifically NOT experiencing range issues?

Just took my new Mini 3 out for a test flight. Using the RC controller with built-in screen and standard battery. Did all firmware updates today (July 25) when I activated it.

Got to 360 m when I lost sight of it and stopped. No signal loss showing on the controller. Was in a pretty open area with no trees or anything between me and the aircraft, which was at about 60 m AGL.

Responsiveness is noticeably better than my Mavic Mini. Screen is noticeably dimmer than my Smart Controller, but brighter than my iPad. Will want to rig some kind of sunscreen, I think, for bright days when I can't fly from the shade.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
So the guys with the range issues, do you guys all have DJI RC version? I'm about to buy the Mini 3 but have been very conflicted as to which option I should get. (DJI RC or RC-N1) Even though range is not the primary factor in my consideration, the more I hear these stories the more I'm leaning towards the RC-N1 since I get the "impression" that the range issues are only from the owners of the DJI RC option? Also this issue of switching (or NOT switching) from CE to FCC ... is it only with the DJI RC radio or does the RC-N1 have that characteristic too?

I have the Mini 3 and both the RC and RC Pro controllers. I would say that of two controllers the RC Pro has a little better performance however the issue is obstacles between the controller and the drone that cause range issues. The other day I took the Mini 3 out with the RC Pro controller to a park overlooking the ocean. My home point was about 80 ft. up a bank from the ocean without any obstacles. My altitude was about a 100 ft. with no range issues and no lost signal issues even at a mile out. I'm convinced that no matter the controller you use its down to obstacles that creates issues for the Mini 3.

Reactions: EyesWideShut
I replied in another thread but I am pleasantly surprised by the integrated screen controller. I was able to get 2275 metres out of it in western Mississauga Friday.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer