DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any one use an ipad air 1st gen

sunshinewelly

Reactions
I have an old ipad air. It's 64 bit but only 2gb of ram

Will this work with the mini I do have a new ipad pro but don't want to risk dropping it outside etc

Reactions: MIGUELVM360
I have an old ipad air. It's 64 bit but only 2gb of ram

Will this work with the mini I do have a new ipad pro but don't want to risk dropping it outside etc
With my mini and the Fly app, I occasionally use a iPad Air A1474 2013 1st Generation. You say yours has 2 g ram, mine has only 1g ram and 16g storage. It works fairly well. Make sure all other apps are closed and it will save videos to cache and can edit downloaded videos in the fly app.

I've used my original iPad Air with my Mavic Air. It works. Can't see it in the sunlight even with a hood. Quit using it.

The DJI Fly app requires a latter iOS than the Original iPad mini can load.
The original iPad Mini may not run the Fly App as you say. The OP was asking about his "old" iPad Air for his mini. Not sure if his Air is as old as my 2013 1st Generation iPad air. I run it on ios 12.4.6 and 1gig ram

Apologies yes mine also has 1gb of ram. I did a test link up today and the app ran and the drone connected. Does this mean it should work. I am concerned something might happen whilst in flight

The original iPad Mini may not run the Fly App as you say. The OP was asking about his "old" iPad Air for his mini. Not sure if his Air is as old as my 2013 1st Generation iPad air. I run it on ios 12.4.6 and 1gig ram
My original (first model) iPad Mini will not run any iOS after 9.3.5. Some other first types of iPads were introduced later and will run a later iOS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason