DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any one who used both the RC and the RC-N1 with the mini 3 and find they prefer the RC-N1?

Interesting. My iPhone 13 Pro Max screen shuts down FAST. The Samsung S22 never did (at least when going through 2 batteries in 90++++ Florida temps). I got rid of (returned) the Samsung and now am back to the screen controller. Next I'll try my Mini 6. LOL The screen controller IS CONVENIENT but the screen is too small for my lousy 75yr old eyes and too dim although I have a clip-on sunshade which helps a bit.
Please Please Please do try it with your iPad Mini 6! -- and then report back to let us know how that works for you. I want a bigger screen and the iPad Mini 6 seems like the ideal screen compromise.

Please Please Please do try it with your iPad Mini 6! -- and then report back to let us know how that works for you. I want a bigger screen and the iPad Mini 6 seems like the ideal screen compromise.
My Mini 6 (or Mini 5 for that matter) was never a problem with my Air 2. I did always use a shade though. YMMV

I had the Mini 2 with the RC-N1 which I thought was a huge improvement over the Mini 1 Controller. So when I got the Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC, I was skeptical, especially since I can't load any 3rd party apps on it.

However, I think the DJI RC is great! I really love the ease of just turning on the RC and the aircraft and flying - no cable or mobile device hassles as Eagle Eye 62 mentioned. For personal use, it isn't a big deal not being able to use other apps like Pix4DCapture or Litchi.

Last edited:
What's the benefit of Litchi? I've seen it mentioned very often but I dont get what it would improve? These drones generally don't have long enough battery life to do any kind of legit waypoint flight
They have stacks of battery to do a legit waypoint flights. Lets say you live on a farm and you have 10 dams to inspect. With Litchi (& a drone that supports waypoints) it is very simply to create a flight plan where it flies to each dam flies around each one and and films it automatically. Or you can program waypoints so it will fly around a boundary fence for inspection autonomously (Assuming local regos allow it.) It is capable of continuing the flight plan after loss of signal (using the waypoints) & not force RTH. It will also do very smooth gimbal transitions as it automatically tracks programmed POIs as it flies by them between waypoints. If you want to map an area to create custom aerial maps for Google Earth, waypoints allow you to do this with apps like DroneDeploy & a lesser degree Litchi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga