DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any other way to immatriculate your drone more elegantly than stupidly engraving the plastic or writing on it with permanent ink pen?

For those in the U.K. I used a company called Arrow wrap
They are just the minimum size with a vast array of colours and backgrounds about £5 for 36.

Attachments

• 94424F87-3FAF-4CC4-9E53-0BFC86A8364B.jpeg
    94424F87-3FAF-4CC4-9E53-0BFC86A8364B.jpeg
    454 KB · Views: 27
  • 0AA832B7-EF51-45E8-9590-4E362F25CA7E.jpeg
    0AA832B7-EF51-45E8-9590-4E362F25CA7E.jpeg
    554 KB · Views: 26
  • 5DFCF3B1-E0A8-441C-8A26-544146BE8020.jpeg
    5DFCF3B1-E0A8-441C-8A26-544146BE8020.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: Hauptmann
Yes they exist. I ordered mine from a company on Amazon. They also run a lost drone registry in case you lose it and it gets found.... They print you up a nice official card with your FAA registration info on it as well, instead of carrying around folded papers..View attachment 104061

I 2nd these, bought a set for my M2P, plus they came with battery number labels. A really nice product!

Reactions: Hauptmann
decalgirl.com makes vinyl FAA registration labels. $6.99 gets you a sheet of white, silver and black labels. Enough for multiple drones.

Check out the water slide custom decal made by drone-retriever com. Very professional.
I have on my MP Platinum mounted on side just below the battery.

Reactions: maelstrom
I use the brother P Touch labeler and wipe the area with alcohol and dry to help with the label adherence. Also I put a label inside the battery holder on the drone

+1 for the Brother P-Touch label maker. Their laminated tapes are weather proof and have a clear layer above the printing so the text can't be scuffed off. I use the clear tape on my drone and the tape itself is almost invisible - it looks like the text is printed directly onto the drone. The added advantage is that once you've bought the label maker, there are hundreds of other things you can use it for! You can buy hand-held machines or models which connect to a PC. I have the PC version and the P-Touch editor software lets you use any font, multiple lines and you can even include graphics. Well worth the small investment.

You should check but I believe it has to be visible from outside.

Yes, the most recent rules revision states that you must affix your unique registration number to the exterior hull so that it is visible upon close inspection. You can no longer vainly hide it in the battery compartment. Apparently, this revision was put into effect so that responsible parties didn't have to touch or open up any compartment of the aircraft in order to discern the registration number. Way, way too many people were using their drones as IEDs that triggered when the battery compartment was opened. Yeah... that last part was a joke. But it's still what they were trying to avoid by changing this rule. What gets me, though, is that Title 14, Chapter I, Subchapter C, Part 48, Subpart C, §48.205 only talks about "THE" unique identifier. If you can satisfy this requirement by affixing the registration number just once, that makes it awfully easy to affix it to ONE spot that would end up being obscured by the drone hull if, for instance, you affixed it to the top, and the drone was found flipped on its back. It would still require touching and turning the aircraft over to the see the number. All pretty silly to me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike