DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Reason to Avoid Litchi?

raylinds

Reactions
I have seen some negative reviews in the app store, but they are pretty old and most reviews online have been pretty positive. Before I make the purchase I just wanted to ask this knowledgeable group if there are any cons to Litchi that I should know about. I would be using it for a Mavic 2 Pro with an iPad.

Thanks,
Ray

Reactions: RodPad
I have seen some negative reviews in the app store, but they are pretty old and most reviews online have been pretty positive. Before I make the purchase I just wanted to ask this knowledgeable group if there are any cons to Litchi that I should know about. I would be using it for a Mavic 2 Pro with an iPad.

Thanks,
Ray
Definitely works very well, and using it through Litchi Virtual Mission makes it even better!

Litchi?
"negative reviews in the app store," ?
Look at DJI-GO, Fly, etc. 👌

It is a one time cost per type of device. I'm still surprised, If you got any questions on Litchi mission etc.
You will have some good help.

Rod ..

Reactions: RodPad and Cafguy
DJI GO does not run on Android 14. DJI Go 4 runs but does not support the Phantom Standard 3. DJI doesn't care. Thankfully Litchi works, I use it for both the Phantom 3 and the Mavic Mini - great app!

I wouldn't run Litchi (which I own and is awesome) until your warranty has expired. Just a suggestion.

Thanks,
Ray
I have used Litchi for more than 7 years to fly with VR goggles, (720p) I believe thats the best way to fly , better than squinting at your phone in the sun. Was very reliable and had some good coastal exploring flights.
Ive now got integra goggles and works well with O3, (1080p) in fpv done and avata, both good.
You dont need to connect to DJI apps to fly !

Last edited:
Reactions: Cafguy and RodPad
Okay, this might be controversial but Litchi isn't very useful to me.
Earlier I flew the Air 2 and besides waypoints, not much I could benefit off it.
Currently I fly an Air 3 and it isn't compatible, but everything I need is in the DJI Fly app anyway, even waypoints on newer models!

Not controversial, at all. Its call 'choice' and we make them all the time.
Some people prefer Apple products, others prefer Android.
Same with flight control apps. The one that accomplishes your goals the best, is the one for you.

Reactions: Cafguy and RodPad
Earlier I flew the Air 2 and besides waypoints, not much I could benefit off it.
Currently I fly an Air 3 and it isn't compatible, but everything I need is in the DJI Fly app anyway, even waypoints on newer models!
Litchi's biggest strength is the Mission Hub and the ability to create your waypoint missions on the computer with a large monitor and mouse instead of trying to layout your missions on the tiny remote-control screen with your fingertip. Also is the ability to import and export the mission data in multiple data formats.

DJ Wes has created an impressive set of utilities at LitchiUtilities.com that brings new features and compatibility to the software platform, allowing you to do many things more easily and better than previously possible.

Add to this the (free) cloud storage for all your mission data that can be shared between different supported and non-supported aircraft. I flew an 8-mile flight with Litchi (in 1.5-mile segments to maintain LOS) in June of 2020 alongside a highway here in Fl. with a Phantom 4 Pro. Friday, I repeated that same flight using my Mavic 2 Zoom using the same mission data. I'm putting both flights together for a side-by-side synchronized comparison - the difference in the video footage was 22 seconds in the 46-minute combined flight. The difference was due to wind direction - head vs cross winds. I've done similar single flight missions repeating the flights from the P4P with my M3PC using the litchiutilities.com tool with similar results - only flight curve execution created differences.

DJI has come a long way with Fly, but they are still playing catchup in my opinion.

I thought the app worked with all models - Is it models specific?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas