DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any recommended spots to fly in Santa Fe, New Mexico?

flysi3000

Reactions
In town for a couple of days and am trying to gauge where might be a good place to shoot a few aerial shots from. Don't want to be annoying and/or get hassled by the authorities either!

It depends on what you want to photograph and how far you are willing to drive. Santa Fe itself is a bit of a sprawl, but there is some great scenery up Hyde Park Rd towards Santa Fe Ski Area - that's all USFS until you get higher into the mountains to the wilderness boundary. Or to the north, towards Taos, there's the Rio Grande Gorge.

Reactions: flysi3000
It depends on what you want to photograph and how far you are willing to drive. Santa Fe itself is a bit of a sprawl, but there is some great scenery up Hyde Park Rd towards Santa Fe Ski Area - that's all USFS until you get higher into the mountains to the wilderness boundary. Or to the north, towards Taos, there's the Rio Grande Gorge.

Thanks for the reply. That might be a little far for me; trying to work around doing some sightseeing downtown with the wife. We'll see how it goes, though!

Recently made the the trip from Las Vegas to Santa Fe. A great pleasure for me just to see some wide open scenery !

20191009_074042.jpg20191008_141139.jpg

Reactions: flysi3000
Random stops in NM along I40.

I took these with my Galaxy S9+, but could have just as easily used my MA in the open spaces.

Not much planning needed, Just Mother Nature at her best !

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa