DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any simple solutions for thicker phones?

kaitlyn

Reactions
My original Pixel XL with a minimal case is too thick for the new Mavic2 Controller (why they made it MORE restrictive I do not know...). On the Mavic1, I simply unscrewed the bottom rubber bumpers giving me more space. They don't look to be removable anymore, and I don't want to file/cut them down permanently.

Anyone have any ingenious minimal solutions that doesn't require me carrying around some extra bracket or something? I do like the safety of having the phone "clipped in" so I don't even have to think about it falling loose or anything.

My original Pixel XL with a minimal case is too thick for the new Mavic2 Controller (why they made it MORE restrictive I do not know...). On the Mavic1, I simply unscrewed the bottom rubber bumpers giving me more space. They don't look to be removable anymore, and I don't want to file/cut them down permanently.

Anyone have any ingenious minimal solutions that doesn't require me carrying around some extra bracket or something? I do like the safety of having the phone "clipped in" so I don't even have to think about it falling loose or anything.
A bracket may be your only choice...

Have you been able to use it without a case and if so does it get along ok with the DJI Go app ?
No. The case keeps from fitting. This is the most portable tablet holder and I bought it today after watch a review of it. I'm thinking it's going to be our best option...

The base stores in the clamp and it ends up being a bit smaller than the control for portablility.Screenshot_20180903-143325~2.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23