DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

any users on here from wisconsin? :)

Hi

I thought it would be interesting to see how many users live in Wisconsin? maybe we all could get together sometime ( of course when the weather is better) to fly
smile.gif

if you don't want to post on here if you do send me a PM ( private msg)
smile.gif

Outside Waupun by the Horicon Marsh

Hudson here. 20 minuets or so from the twin cities. I’d love to get together with some fellow flyers. Only a couple flights so far due to weather.

I would be very careful flying around and over the marsh. I will have to check, it might even be a NFZ. Pretty area though. it has been a long time since I was down that way.
I would be very careful flying around and over the marsh. I will have to check, it might even be a NFZ. Pretty area though. it has been a long time since I was down that way.

How do find out if it's an NFZ? I guess I could call.I live by the north end which is a National Wildlife Refuge. The southern part is under state DNR control. I have not flown into the marsh but have come within a mile. It is a pretty area. I haven't had any encounters with migrating birds yet, and try to be careful

Thanks for the heads up

SE Wisconsin....
Salem/Silver Lake area

Attachments

• 1CD05148-EF18-49FE-8B91-E711AD627640.jpeg
    1CD05148-EF18-49FE-8B91-E711AD627640.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 13
How do find out if it's an NFZ? I guess I could call.I live by the north end which is a National Wildlife Refuge. The southern part is under state DNR control. I have not flown into the marsh but have come within a mile. It is a pretty area. I haven't had any encounters with migrating birds yet, and try to be careful

Thanks for the heads up
I just looked at UAV Forecast app map and it indicates the area as Horicon National Wildlife Refuge. but I am not sure if it is a NFZ, it should be posted some where around the Marsh, or if there is a nature center there, DNR rangers would know. The Saint Croix River is listed as a National Water Way my map and even though it isn't posted, it is considered a NFZ just like the State and National Parks. Just be careful. Beside the off chance of crashing in the marsh and not being about to get you MP out, the prop noise sounds like a swarm of bees and really irritates the birds. Also be aware that some birds don't like our drone and will attack it, not sure if the migratory birds will though. Usually it has been raptors that have attack the drone. It would be cool to video a flock of geese though, but if you hit one or one hit you.......

I just looked at UAV Forecast app map and it indicates the area as Horicon National Wildlife Refuge. but I am not sure if it is a NFZ, it should be posted some where around the Marsh, or if there is a nature center there, DNR rangers would know. The Saint Croix River is listed as a National Water Way my map and even though it isn't posted, it is considered a NFZ just like the State and National Parks. Just be careful. Beside the off chance of crashing in the marsh and not being about to get you MP out, the prop noise sounds like a swarm of bees and really irritates the birds. Also be aware that some birds don't like our drone and will attack it, not sure if the migratory birds will though. Usually it has been raptors that have attack the drone. It would be cool to video a flock of geese though, but if you hit one or one hit you.......
Thanks for the advice. I still consider myself fairly new at flying but getting better, and braver. We have geese of course, but also hawks and eagles. I have yet to deal with any of them. A flock of geese can come up on you fairly quickly, especially if your concentrating on flying your MP. So far the only bird interaction I've had is it seems swallows like to circle my MP.
C:\Users\WWELEC~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg

Hi

I thought it would be interesting to see how many users live in Wisconsin? maybe we all could get together sometime ( of course when the weather is better) to fly
smile.gif

smile.gif

Hi

smile.gif

smile.gif

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis