DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any way to reverse the Gimble Dial?

jweaver

Reactions
I have only had a few flights but every time, my instinct on which direction to rotate the gimble dial has been wrong.. In my opinion its back to front, alteast it is for me.

Its a shame there is no option to reverse the direction n software.. That would make sense surely? But it seems that it is what it is.. But whilst looking for options, I found this:

I was more than happy to electronically reverse the pot by swapping a pair of wires. But this is for the Mini1, and whne I looked at the Mini2 transmitter, there is no obvious way inside.

Has anyone done this mod on their Mini2? Has anyone even opened up their Transmitter?

Found a teardown video for the Mini2 transmitter.

Looks easy, but it will certainly leave lasting marks and its not something I want to do.. So I have to hope that DJI will be willing to do something in Firmware and have made a request for them to do so...

Found a teardown video for the Mini2 transmitter.

Looks easy, but it will certainly leave lasting marks and its not something I want to do.. So I have to hope that DJI will be willing to do something in Firmware and have made a request for them to do so...

We have a client in Florida goes by Zeus.Fl and he does a very Professional job on installing the Alientech Boosters , he can do both the Smart Controller and Standard Controller and not leave a mark.

He takes pictures and texts you as he goes thru the Install.

Email me at [email protected]
Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

I have only had a few flights but every time, my instinct on which direction to rotate the gimble dial has been wrong.. In my opinion its back to front, alteast it is for me.

Its a shame there is no option to reverse the direction n software.. That would make sense surely? But it seems that it is what it is.. But whilst looking for options, I found this:

I was more than happy to electronically reverse the pot by swapping a pair of wires. But this is for the Mini1, and whne I looked at the Mini2 transmitter, there is no obvious way inside.

Has anyone done this mod on their Mini2? Has anyone even opened up their Transmitter?
On my Mavic 2 pro controller I remember what direction the dial moves the gimbal by the phrase 'Lefty... lower, Righty... raise'. Silly, but it works, and after a while you no longer think about it. I'm not sure if the dial on the Mini controller is the same, though I'd guess it is.

On my Mavic 2 pro controller I remember what direction the dial moves the gimbal by the phrase 'Lefty... lower, Righty... raise'. Silly, but it works, and after a while you no longer think about it. I'm not sure if the dial on the Mini controller is the same, though I'd guess it is.
haha..whatever works!! Thanks, I'll try that, because as the OP does, I have been flying my M2P for about 2 years, and STILL have trouble remembering... cheers!

Reactions: CFB
haha..whatever works!! Thanks, I'll try that, because as the OP does, I have been flying my M2P for about 2 years, and STILL have trouble remembering... cheers!
I double-checked this today with the Mini 2 controller, in case I was misinforming you, and I can confirm that it's the same as the M2P controller, turning the dial to the Left lowers the gimbal downwards and to the Right raises it upwards (including the extra few degrees it offers if enabled in the settings).

IMO, I think the gimble wheel should have been turned to roll up and down instead. There is plenty of room on top of the controller for a vertical wheel. A side to side motion isn't natural to move something up and down.

Reactions: Chris Rees
IMO, I think the gimble wheel should have been turned to roll up and down instead. There is plenty of room on top of the controller for a vertical wheel. A side to side motion isn't natural to move something up and down.
I fully agree and this should be on our wish list for the Mini3.. But what we have today is here to stay, so a simple switch to reverse this in software would be all thats needed.

Since ascending or descending usually require gimbal adjustments, this results in your left hand making simultaneous control inputs. Not easy. I wish the gimbal inputs could be made with the other hand.

I do realize that I can change the control stick operations away from “mode 2”.

Thanks, as a new Mavic Air 2 pilot, and as others have said, I always seem to raise the gimble up when I want down and down when I want up, it's so frustrating!. So, your Lefty... Righty... will be helpful! Surly DJI could put the reverse input for the gimble in the DJI fly app. Till then, thanks for the tip.

Thanks, as a new Mavic Air 2 pilot, and as others have said, I always seem to raise the gimble up when I want down and down when I want up, it's so frustrating!. So, your Lefty... Righty... will be helpful! Surly DJI could put the reverse input for the gimble in the DJI fly app. Till then, thanks for the tip.
I have a feeling that the reason they don't have it in the app is that the more settings the user has to play with the more likely they are to make a complete mess of things. Also DJI aren't the quickest company in the world at updating their apps:).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan