DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any word the DJI Fly Radio communications Channel settings.

alopeznj

Reactions
Seems like the Mavic Mini DJI app Radio channel will always change to manual. I know there are posts out there but any update ?
It will not stay on Auto.

Mine does the same thing, when you start up DJI Fly it's manual, if you change it to auto it will stay that way until you shut down DJI Fly, then upon start up again it will be reset to manual.

it only appeared to start happening after the latest update ,but i have noticed that it depends on your location whether it chooses 2.4 or 5.8 on start up, i have just started to leave it alone and fly at the setting it has selected

Reactions: EyesWideShut
Yea, it flies fine but a little concerning. I bought mine this May of 2020 and It has never stuck to Auto.
Thanks,

just had a thought about this it could be that manual is just the default setting ,upon start up so that it gives the operator the choice to select their own channel i would imagine it picks 2.4 or 5.8 based on location and lack of interference when it first links with the controller

Reactions: alopeznj
just had a thought about this it could be that manual is just the default setting ,upon start up so that it gives the operator the choice to select their own channel i would imagine it picks 2.4 or 5.8 based on location and lack of interference when it first links with the controller

Logically I would have thought "auto" would be the default to protect against inexperienced pilots picking the wrong channel and frequency

Reactions: old man mavic
Logically I would have thought "auto" would be the default to protect against inexperienced pilots picking the wrong channel and frequency
you could be right ,i suppose the real issue with it, is the fact that it does not stay on auto if that is what you prefere, once the RC is turned off ,maybe it will be addressed in a future update

You wold think for an experienced Pilot AUTO would be better. But... its working fine.Though when I am far away and no line of sight I always get a COMM error. So I do think this may be a bigger issue than we think.
I usually have to bring it down or closer to home (not far, under a mile) to recover a signal, so I am convinced there is a COMM problem with Mini when you exceed a mile.. I just hope RTH responds. So far it has. I know there is a COMM issue with the MINI.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earthflute