DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody have the Katana for the mavic?

I looked the app up and the ratings are not good. Although I will say that I never realized phones could shoot such good video. Do you have any videos that you can post of mavic + phone footage?

I made this one over the weekend. 4k 24 FPS, with iPhone 8 Plus, Filmic Pro App, DJI Osmo Mobile.

Reactions: dekip
For someone who may just want something for occasional use, they likely aren't going to spend $200, or even $159, on an Osmo over a $20 accessory. Not everyone is made of money.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
A. I hear ya'
B. You get what you pay for most of the time
C. (My situation) It paid for itself within 4 days of receiving
D. I have to be honest, it smokes my Drone for everyday situations (which I dearly love) in terms of everyday usefulness

I made this one over the weekend. 4k 24 FPS, with iPhone 8 Plus, Filmic Pro App, DJI Osmo Mobile.

I find I just turn on the Osmo and use it's navigation and gimbal reset controls on the handle and use my phones camera app. I tend to agree the DJI app is tricky at best - but then it is also a tease of what is to come sooner then later. ...... I thought this was the Mavic group so to steer back on course I think the two together are close to a portable production studio of good enough quality for most of us most of the time, and look darn good at that.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925