Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody in the Rowan area?

itsneedtokno

I'm chillin, appreciate it though.
Reactions
Site
codyshoaf.myportfolio.com
I just found out yesterday that I have an old family farm there.

And I found out that my Great Great Great Grandfather came from Germany to Rowan. He settled there and was a "legend" in the area.

"Big Henry Shoaf"
7 feet tall
400lbs
Blacksmith
Could chuck an anvil out the window.

There's a story that he was shoeing a horse that nobody else could control... The horse kicked him in the chest, breaking a rib, to which he responded by flipping the horse over with one fell swoop.

Anybody heard anything like this?

My last grandparent recently passed and I was given all the cool family history stuff.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I just found out yesterday that I have an old family farm there.

And I found out that my Great Great Great Grandfather came from Germany to Rowan. He settled there and was a "legend" in the area.

"Big Henry Shoaf"
7 feet tall
400lbs
Blacksmith
Could chuck an anvil out the window.

There's a story that he was shoeing a horse that nobody else could control... The horse kicked him in the chest, breaking a rib, to which he responded by flipping the horse over with one fell swoop.

Anybody heard anything like this?

My last grandparent recently passed and I was given all the cool family history stuff.
I am also related to Big Henry Shoaf through my mother. He was her Great Great Grandfather. I remember hearing the tales of him moving the 1000 lb rock, and I'm pretty sure I was taken to the rock in my childhood. I've gathered newspaper/magazine articles on Big Henry over the years, but most just retell the same stories. I'm curious about "all the cool family history stuff" you received.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird