DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else finding Chrome "wonky"?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I'm just wondering if anyone else has been having trouble with Google Chrome with certain tasks? A recent example is that somehow it purged my ability to export VLM files from the Litchi mission hub. Try as I might, with reinstalling the VLM extension, uninstall/reinstall Chrome, then reinstalling VLM, changing settings I still couldn't get VLM to appear in the mission hub export section. I did get VLM functioning on Firefox. I have had difficulty with different websites on Chrome. having to resort to Firefox.

I've used Chrome as my default browser for years, but recently it has just shown a whole lot of irritating "wonkiness". Is anyone else having similar issues with Chrome????

More Chrome wonkiness...
Having reinstalled Chrome today I went to sign into Amazon. I went to sign in and Chrome can't find the page and shows me a picture of a lovely dog. Firefox got me signed in just fine. I may have to make Firefox my default browser, though I know Chrome is supposed to be better suited for a lot of things.

Chrome has some issues, at least on Macs. Most of us doing video work, whether on not it involves drones, avoid it.

IMHO, Chrome causes problems on machines with limited RAM and cores. Two of my very long-time customers with minimum notebook or PC, 3 or 4 gigs and a couple of cores, were calling me with problems browsing. They'd both switched to Chrome for some reason, and we solved both their problems by getting rid of Chrome and going back to Edge. Students with Macs, which are often sold with minimum configurations, tell me they've had similar problems. I've got no problems with Chrome, but I've never had a 'minimum configuration'. If somebody wants Chrome for whatever features it offers them, they're probably not having problems if they've got a capable machine.

Perhaps, although I have had problems with new iMac with 48gB memory, i7 processor and good gpu. Machine handles multiple streams of 4K video without problems.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998