DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone flying in or around Prosper TX

MavicRaj

Reactions
Hi, I am new to drones and I am in the Prosper TX area. I am trying to find places, where I can fly. I called the town of Prosper and they advised me that public parks like Frontier are off limits. That does not leave many areas in Prosper to fly a drone. Anyone have any suggestions?

Look into the areas around Lake Lewisville.

However, the access points belong to different cities i.e. Highland Village, Little Elm, and others. Based on what I’ve found, on other sites, the area seems acceptable. It’s far enough from DFW and Love Field. However check flight restrictions as the particular area you fly maybe near local hospitals with helipads.

Also North Texas UAS Safety and Integration Task Force specifically listed Lake Lewisville as a good place to fly. I’ve been scouting places but haven’t went up yet.

Information available at www.northtexasuas.com

Last edited:
I'm in Denton and have flown at the public disc golf course (Lake Park). As long as you aren't flying over people there's technically not much they can do legally, but still best to stay on their good side. Plenty of other areas to fly without having to travel very far. I've flown at a local go-kart track, and road course (Eagle's Canyon Raceway) by invitation, and just around my neighborhood. Just be courteous to the people around you and you should be fine.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123