DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone flying just for fun?

jotto

Reactions
Anyone here flying just for fun?

I have the impression that most people here are professional or hobbyist photographers or videographers that fly primarily to shoot photos and videos.

Personally, I fly just for fun. I am very rarely using the footage for anyting at all except from a Facebook photo now and then. I guess that's why I went with Mavic 2 Zoom instead of the Pro. :cool:

I'm flying RC helicopters and racing drones as well. The video link on a Mavic + Goggles is much better than anything else though.

I have the impression that most people here are professional or hobbyist photographers or videographers that fly primarily to shoot photos and videos.

Personally, I fly just for fun. I am very rarely using the footage for anyting at all except from a Facebook photo now and then. I guess that's why I went with Mavic 2 Zoom instead of the Pro. :cool:

I'm flying RC helicopters and racing drones as well. The video link on a Mavic + Goggles is much better than anything else though.

I fly for fun.

Just for fun

I fly for fun when I get a new drone to test out like the M2, P4P, I-2. Work requires me to fly almost every day of the year, sometimes multiple times a day, except for when it's raining or snowing, but most of my days are spent slaving over a workbench. My dream job was to be an Army helo pilot, or Naval aviator, but this works for me now since Im an old guy.

I'm in the Just for Fun Crowd also, I'll snap a few pics every flight just to show where its been when I return home. Never once have I recorded a video since I've had it, that could change if I ever learnt to edit. Enjoy flying and spending time with my son, the goggles sound fun if and when they become smaller.

I fly purely for fun BUT if I could find a need I would do it for work

I actually really enjoy building drones possibly more than flying them I have just finished another 700 mm drone with a gopro 3 axis gimbal attached

That makes for 6 in the hanger with enough parts here to build at least 3 more when time permits
Been flying drones and scratch building them for just over 7 years now

F U N !

However... since 'Millie' the Mavic Air Fly More combo arrived, a few unexpected but pleasant perks have surfaced:

1) Local area Son and Grand-Lad suddenly have the urge to visit Grampa a LOT more.

2) We have a 900' uphill driveway daily Tester to see if the mailbox Flag is up... get our drift?

3) As a retired News Hack, camera quality is much better than anticipated, so we bang away at the shutter far more than anticipated. That has generated a buncha oohs 'n aahs that are very rewarding for this Old Shooter.

Did we mention 'Fun'?~

Rgs, NavMav

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d