DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone flying just for fun?

I fly for fun when I get a new drone to test out like the M2, P4P, I-2. Work requires me to fly almost every day of the year, sometimes multiple times a day, except for when it's raining or snowing, but most of my days are spent slaving over a workbench. My dream job was to be an Army helo pilot, or Naval aviator, but this works for me now since Im an old guy.

so many questions....
Are you tell us that you have a MP2....and so you will be servicing then in the near future.?
Throw us a bone first impression what do you think.?
Cumbersome.?
Heavy.?
48mph.REALY.?
Is it worth the Chedder.?
....cR
Back to the OP question...I fly for fun not for Profit

I'm a VideoJockey and thought i would shoot some nice footage with the Mavic Pro but... most of the time i just switch into Sport mode and race around just for fun and the thrill. I just love the aggressive noise of the props when making hard turns and brakes. It just scares the **** of most people watching. love it!

I'm in that category, plus a "tech" guy. I like tech. That's why I own a bunch of DJI drones but trying to decide (justify) buying an Inspire 2 and wondering if I really "need" or would use a Mavic Pro 2 (or Zoom) any differently than I use my current MP.

I like to fly to places/objects/POI, take pics/video and share with friends. Like you I've got FPV/Racing Drones for just fun flying...

I'm trying to decide IF I buy a MP2 which one. My brother the photographer says get the "2" cause I can zoom in during post-production and still have the benefit of the better image when I want it...

Anyone here flying just for fun?

I have the impression that most people here are professional or hobbyist photographers or videographers that fly primarily to shoot photos and videos.

Personally, I fly just for fun. I am very rarely using the footage for anyting at all except from a Facebook photo now and then. I guess that's why I went with Mavic 2 Zoom instead of the Pro. :cool:

I'm flying RC helicopters and racing drones as well. The video link on a Mavic + Goggles is much better than anything else though.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I like to fly to places/objects/POI, take pics/video and share with friends. Like you I've got FPV/Racing Drones for just fun flying...

I'm trying to decide IF I buy a MP2 which one. My brother the photographer says get the "2" cause I can zoom in during post-production and still have the benefit of the better image when I want it...

Sounds your use is the same as mine. I like the 4x zoom on the Mavic 2 Zoom. I like to zoom in to objects as I fly -- especially with goggles.

I'd say Zoom for fun or Pro for photos.

I fly for fun, but I am currently trying to film/document some of the old missions in Central & Northern NM for my own use. Surprisingly it does requires permission from the Archdioceses even for the abandoned ones.

Last edited:
I am flying just for fun, too. Formerly I had r/c helicopters and was quite limited in range due to my bad eyes. I begun flying quads in 2008 via fpv and goggles, have even equipped my last helicopter with Wookong H and fpv gear and today I am flying both Mavic Pro, Splash Drone, racers, tiny whoops and so on. Have decided not to upgrade to Mavic 2 as there is no real additional value to me. I don't need a better camera for the rare situations where I am taking videos or photos and because I can fly my drones I don't benefit from additional sensors, too.

Fun for me... I am lucky enough to have private property inside a national park, so I can also enjoy the view... (Rangers know and have approved....)

Man that is a very lucky position you have. Take off and land on your property but can fly in the park!

Bravo!

I fly mostly for fun. I do have my part 107 and belong to the local rescue squad. Plus every fiscal year end, there's rumors my contract won't be renewed so I sweat the month of September and look for ways to earn a living with it. One of these days, the rumor will come true (this may be the year) and I'll get serious about it.

Man that is a very lucky position you have. Take off and land on your property but can fly in the park!

Bravo!

Yep... I have neighbors that will let me fly from their property as well, and to top it all off, the lake bordering the park is tribal property so I occasionally practice operations from a boat....

Yep... I have neighbors that will let me fly from their property as well, and to top it all off, the lake bordering the park is tribal property so I occasionally practice operations from a boat....
I'm officially jealous now! All I can see when I fly around my house are tree tops and cows. Sunsets are pretty here on top of the mountain, though.

I would love to, but I have a really bad internet connection. (1.5MB down, .2MB up)

Here is a pano picture of the valley....

Pano.jpg

And one of the head of the valley...
DJI_0049.JPG
(I am still working on taking better pics. These are unedited other then stitching the pano with Microsoft ICE.)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2p123