DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone Found a good LiPo Bag Yet?

mcsenerd

Reactions
Seeing how the M2P batteries are significantly larger than the MP1 batteries, I was thinking that maybe these might work, but I'm not sure. Has anyone found any that are perfect yet?

I've yet to find a good reason to have a LiPo bag.

IMHO, I concur. With the size of the Mavic 2 battery, a bag is not going to do much to contain the heat produced if it starts burning. And, if they are in a confined space, like a case or a backpack, everything around it is going up as well. There is a lot of energy in one battery and we generally carry 3 or more with us.

YMMV of course but I would be interested in any tests that show a ~60Wh battery on fire and if a bag could contain it while it's inside a case.

Last edited:
Check ebay. They are a few dollars if you are willing to wait a few weeks for them to be shipped from China. M2 batteries fit in the Mavic 1 LiPo cases I have. I honestly do not use them much. Since the charger gets so hot, I do put the charger on the LiPo bag sometimes in case it wants to burn though the desk. :)

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Why bother? They don't do anything, theres no proof they do anything and for travel, no airline on the planet asks for them.

IMHO, I concur. With the size of the Mavic 2 battery, a bag is not going to do much to contain the heat produced if it starts burning. And, if they are in a confined space, like a case or a backpack, everything around it is going up as well. There is a lot of energy in one battery and we generally carry 3 or more with us.

YMMV of course but I would be interested in any tests that show a ~60Wh battery on fire and if a bag could contain it while it's inside a case.
Yeah I’d like to see a test like that as well. Though...not from some YouTube tot Just wondering if it’s a bad idea. :eek:

Why bother? They don't do anything, theres no proof they do anything and for travel, no airline on the planet asks for them.

Further, I've yet to see any stories of previously undamaged DJI batteries catching fire. The old giant LiPo packs, yeah they were potential little fireballs. These? Not so much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J