DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone found a solution for Auxiliary lights manual on/off for Europe on Mavic 3 Classic?

d-rive

Reactions
It is very annoying deleting the option from menu to manual put the auxiliary light on or off in flight for night time photography.
I like to make circles, to do light painting and so.
On my older drone (Mavic Air2) is still working in manual mode after last update, but not on the Mavic 3 Classic.

Attachments

• 275210064_4887345931354259_5043822321375502872_n.jpg
    275210064_4887345931354259_5043822321375502872_n.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I don't think DJI will do that. Maybe some smart guy to hack the firmware is the solution.
It is a really non-sense what they have done. I know about C1 argument, but...

There is any sort of led light wirelessly triggered from distance? From 50 meters for example?

The only to change it is to change the regulation. Light on after sunset is the law.
I don't want to turn off the navigation lights. I just want to use the auxiliary LEDs on manual on/off for creativity, that's all. Like it was until now.
I think DJI get it very wrong with this.

@d-rive i have just checked the manual for the your drone and it states that the auxiliary light can be set in the fly App ,to auto ,permanently on, or off ,tap the three dots to access the settings screen and select safety scroll down till you see auxiliary light and select which setting you want ,it also says ,do not turn on the light when the drone is on the ground ,so if you require it to be on permanently ,then choose that option once you are airborne

@d-rive strange that should be the case ,have you tried to access the menu when the drone is in flight ,the fact that you are in Europe ,should not make any difference

@d-rive strange that should be the case ,have you tried to access the menu when the drone is in flight ,the fact that you are in Europe ,should not make any difference
This was a C1 compliance change specific to Europe. It removesd all user control over the Auxiliary Landing LED, leaving it in Auto all the time. In the U.S., we still have full user control over it under the same FW version. Several other changes were region specific, such as EU mandatory front lights that cannot be turned off during video and photography, and reducing the EU Sport mode speed. Much like CE vs. FCC signal strength, the drone alters its settings based upon its GPS location.

Reactions: old man mavic
thanks for the info ,i wonder if that would apply to a Mavic 3 C drone being flown here in the UK as we have not recognised the CI classification
maybe someone with a Mavic 3 C drone flying here could enlighten us on the subject

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I don't want to turn off the navigation lights. I just want to use the auxiliary LEDs on manual on/off for creativity, that's all. Like it was until now.
I think DJI get it very wrong with this.
It's the Aux light on the bottom that has to be on. By regulation, it can't be turned off by the user. I believe the option for "ON" or "AUTO" should be there.

It's the Aux light on the bottom that has to be on. By regulation, it can't be turned off by the user. I believe the option for "ON" or "AUTO" should be there.
I thought the only setting, after the C1 compliance removal of the user control over the Aux light in the Fly app, would be Auto, rather than only removing the OFF setting. It should only come on during landing and takeoff when within 5 meters or so of the ground in low light or at night. It can therefore, sadly, no longer be turned on manually by the pilot at any time.

thanks for the info ,i wonder if that would apply to a Mavic 3 C drone being flown here in the UK as we have not recognised the CI classification
maybe someone with a Mavic 3 C drone flying here could enlighten us on the subject
Good question. Both the Mavic 3 and the Mavic 3 Classic should be the same. Just depends upon whether DJI made the geographic distinction between UK and EU or lumped them all in together with the C1 compliance changes.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I have same question.
I've searched everywhere, but find nothing yet.

I have same question.
I've searched everywhere, but find nothing yet.
There is nothing to find because C1 Compliance dictates that there be no user control over it, and DJI has complied by removing the user control in the EU with the latest update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme