DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone had any luck with DLOGm, if so please help

Apollo12230

Reactions
Hey guys, I really wanted to try out the whole 10bit color thing with the M2 so i shot a few test videos in DLOGm and tried to grade them in premiere. I spent hours trying to grade the footage and can't seem to bring it to look like real life. I really just want to bring it to rec709; I tried GroundControl's new LUT and it makes my footage look even worse.

Have any of you found a way to go about grading this or found any correction LUTs?

As you've discovered, quantizing from a 10-bit colorspace down to Rec.709 without the benefit of a LUT is an exercise in futility. Let's hope that DJI releases its official Mavic 2 camera LUTs soon; some of the third-party LUTs floating around look promising, but I'd prefer not to pay for someone’s guesses at what the correct gamut maps are.

Last edited:
Reactions: miemo and Beowulf
I found the ground control (free) LUT a fairly good starting point for grading it in Premiere.

As you've discovered, quantizing from a 10-bit colorspace down to Rec.709 without the benefit of a LUT is an exercise in futility. Let's hope that DJI releases its official Mavic 2 camera LUTs soon; some of the third-party LUTs floating around look promising, but I'd prefer not to pay for someone guesses at what the correct gamut maps are.

I have to disagree. I have much better luck grading it manually than using a LUT. That said, the Ground Control LUT seems to get fairly close. Some of the issue may be the original exposure. Haven't shot a ton yet but it seems to work better exposing it normally rather than the usual expose-to-the-right that is typical for Log files.

Maybe if you describe your process we can help more.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams