DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone have a soft corner in stills?

Except he's right. Its completely normal optics for camera lenses from the cheap ones DJI use right up to expensive professional full frame glass. Some is always expected.

Obviously uneven edges away from the corners point more towards a manufacturing tolerance fault. A ton of Mavic 1s had soft edges.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
Well this **** aint normal so stop confusing people here.

Sorry for "confusing" people with my experience of couple of dozens of lenses on a half a dozen different cameras. I've tested most of those lenses quickly for sharpness just to get an understanding what to expect from them in different scenarios. I've rarely seen units that exhibit exactly uniform sharpness across all corners. I do not loose sleep or start cursing on discussion forums over that though.

If it's bothering you so much, I do suggest you get in touch with DJI. Happy hunting for visibily better performing unit.

Reactions: Neo
Every1 knows corner performance todays modern dslr glasses, and every1 knows mavic soft corner..they are 2 different things.
Sorry for "confusing" people with my experience of couple of dozens of lenses on a half a dozen different cameras. I've tested most of those lenses quickly for sharpness just to get an understanding what to expect from them in different scenarios. I've rarely seen units that exhibit exactly uniform sharpness across all corners. I do not loose sleep or start cursing on discussion forums over that though.

If it's bothering you so much, I do suggest you get in touch with DJI. Happy hunting for visibily better performing unit.
Im a photographer too and i own sigma art lenses, sport lenses nikon ****, microscope lenses and so on.. You just dont get it.. this side blurring has nothing to do with your ”corner sharpness” crap.. we all know that story. Lens or sensor is aligned wrong if ur another side/corner is blurred!!!

Im on the fence about sending mine back. I initiated the return process , but when I stepped down, I didnt notice anything too major. I honestly compared to my Phantom 4 pro and it seemed slightly sharper throughout. These images are definitely acceptable, but I am curious if another copy would be sharper, as something just seems off about mine, I just cant put a finger on it.

The one thing that really concerned me is that when I steped down from F2.8 to F5.6 I notice the left side improve more then the right side, as if it was slightly off center.. *shrug* Cant hurt to try another one, as I am entitled as a new owner and someone who has spent over 10k with DJI!

I wont lie. I love the portability, but if DJI brings out a Phantom 5 with various lenses, I could go that route again. Portability < Image Quality.......

I do regret selling my P4 Pro though, as it was sharper. Mavic 2 flies way better, has the 1080p downfeed and great battery life though...

*shrug*

Attachments

• Rainy Sept Day3.jpg
    Rainy Sept Day3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
  • Rainy Sept Day2.jpg
    Rainy Sept Day2.jpg
    1,002.9 KB · Views: 42
  • The Long Way Home.jpg
    The Long Way Home.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • Syphon.jpg
    Syphon.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
Yes, sharpness leaves something to be desired on the Mp2. Zoom has sharper images but all the drawbacks with the smaller sensor.

Im on the fence about sending mine back. I initiated the return process , but when I stepped down, I didnt notice anything too major. I honestly compared to my Phantom 4 pro and it seemed slightly sharper throughout. These images are definitely acceptable, but I am curious if another copy would be sharper, as something just seems off about mine, I just cant put a finger on it.

The one thing that really concerned me is that when I steped down from F2.8 to F5.6 I notice the left side improve more then the right side, as if it was slightly off center.. *shrug* Cant hurt to try another one, as I am entitled as a new owner and someone who has spent over 10k with DJI!

I wont lie. I love the portability, but if DJI brings out a Phantom 5 with various lenses, I could go that route again. Portability < Image Quality.......

I do regret selling my P4 Pro though, as it was sharper. Mavic 2 flies way better, has the 1080p downfeed and great battery life though...

*shrug*
Your images look great. I can see a slight softness at the bottom left corner in all of your images. This is a small area, nothing major, you can see it only if you are looking for it.

It looks that my MP2 performs the same and I've noticed it only after trying to find if there is any issue with the camera (doing pixel peeping). Luckily, (for me) this is not an annoying issue.

*shrug*
Amazing pics thou. Tell us which settings you used and did you color grade?

[emoji120]

Reactions: bluesgeek
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King