DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone have access to FCC Type Acceptance Database to find DJI products?

RetiredInFL

Very Large Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Wondering if possibly (a lack of) FINAL FCC type acceptance approval is holding up sales in the US. Strange how they were just about immediately available overseas but not in DJI's largest market. There is a way to check but I have no idea how. These devices could be sitting in US warehouses awaiting pending FCC type acceptance approval which all RF generating devices have to go through before they go on sale. That would apply to both the A/C and the new controller. The gov't and DJI aren't "best buds" by any means.

I know people often look up this stuff for cellphones so I assume the same can be done for drones and controllers as they basically are just transmitters and receivers.

Not convinced at that - plenty of US based YouTubers and others received early versions.
That couldn't happen without FCC approval.

Don’t know either way on that which is why I asked but providing evaluation and testing samples might get around that. A number of years ago I was a beta tester of a major consumer electronic device (satellite TV industry) before release and the agreement I signed specifically stated it hasn’t yet been approved for sale by FCC.

If not that why would US availability be so far behind the rest of the world?

If not that why would US availability be so far behind the rest of the world?
Possibly supply issues or simply availability of boats.
Currently there are huge supply issues globally as a result of lockdowns etc.
It maybe its easier to get bulk of products elsewhere for now, no scheduled boats and so on.

I guess they're shipping what they can produce to areas they can actually get it to as soon as possible.

Hmmm, as I mentioned in OP.

IMG_0064.jpeg

Possibly supply issues or simply availability of boats.
Currently there are huge supply issues globally as a result of lockdowns etc.
It maybe its easier to get bulk of products elsewhere for now, no scheduled boats and so on.

I guess they're shipping what they can produce to areas they can actually get it to as soon as possible.
You don't really think they ship these (anywhere) in boats? Just like Apple does they most likely fill up the belly of a chartered 747 with thousands and in 24-48hrs they land in wherever in the world. Something else is up in the US with these delays. Too much of a coincidence especially considering how low a regard the US holds for DJI for many years as has been well publicized in the news. They could sell 10x more here than in the EU which is why it is strange they aren't yet available.

The fact "influencers" here in the US have them (if they do) doesn't matter. It's SELLING it that gets held up for various things.

You don't really think they ship these (anywhere) in boats?
Yes they do. And several of my previous orders HAVE arrived with traceable shipping.

Not everything is put onto a plane. Especially after initial dispatches.

You dont really think they stick everything into a 747 to move around the world with the huge cost that ensues?!

Given the US has had most products before general availability in Europe and other regions you really should get that massive chip off your shoulder and take a look around at how things are working.

Oh and the EU has a population 25% or so bigger than the USA as well in terms of potential sales.

Yes they do. And several of my previous orders HAVE arrived with traceable shipping.

Not everything is put onto a plane. Especially after initial dispatches.

You dont really think they stick everything into a 747 to move around the world with the huge cost that ensues?!

Given the US has had most products before general availability in Europe and other regions you really should get that massive chip off your shoulder and take a look around at how things are working.

Oh and the EU has a population 25% or so bigger than the USA as well in terms of potential sales.
I'm referring to mass inventory shipments of initial product not a single package sent to an end user. My first DJI drone was shipped DHL from China and the 2nd one came UPS from Miami about 200 miles away where they have a warehouse. Let's just agree to disagree. ;)

In any case, the point started with possible FCC (lack of) approval which I believe to POSSIBLY be the issue since zero product is available in the USA at retail even if we were the #9 economy in the world. That is totally NOT normal for any tech product no matter how they ship it. I mean seriously, for AMAZON US not to have any for another month + just ain't normal. US/DJI relations are at the bottom of the bucket. Just Google DJI US GOVERNMENT so if FCC approval happens to be an issue one can understand why.

Seems it was SUBMITTED FOR APPROVAL on May 12th. That would tell me they are sitting is US warehouses waiting for final approval and then will go into US distribution. That I know from personal experience (edit: I know about another product, not DJI just to clarify)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas