DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone in Dallas / Fort Worth?

In Plano and flying for a couple of weeks, but the WIND the last few weeks has been nerve racking. Trying to find a nice spot, scenic, place to fly. I'm close to Connemara Nature Preserve and various trails, but again the wind up here has been and is traditionally gusty, but it seems the Mavic can handle it. My challenge now is getting to know the camera well enough so I don't waste any air time.

Attachments

• DJI_0002 (2).JPG
    DJI_0002 (2).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 50
Reactions: Ghordun
Hello, new pilot in the Plano area as well. If anyone in north DFW wants to meetup feel free out.

North Dallas (I fly around Beltline/Hillcrest) but looking for wider space. Thinking about going downtown and shooting the Trinity River and new bridges.

Sounds like a great area, that's right outside the 5 mile radius of Love Field Airport. Flew there myself and did a lap around the big ball.

Sent from my SM-G900T using MavicPilots mobile app

Hello everyone. Live in the Fort Worth/Mid Cities area. Anyone live on the west side of DFW airport? Just wondering how many have Mavics over in this area. Hope we have another meetup soon. I don't know any good places to practice and fly. Let me know if a group is forming and any events coming up. Thanks.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Hello everyone. Live in the Fort Worth/Mid Cities area. Anyone live on the west side of DFW airport? Just wondering how many have Mavics over in this area. Hope we have another meetup soon. I don't know any good places to practice and fly. Let me know if a group is forming and any events coming up. Thanks.
I live in Bedford and my office is in North Richland Hills; I found a great place to practice. 7 miles from Bedford and 12 minutes away

Reactions: Hauptmann
I live in Bedford and my office is in North Richland Hills; I found a great place to practice. 7 miles from Bedford and 12 minutes away

Don't know how many in this forum know about the FAA Seminar, question and answer session to be at UTA on March 11, sponsored by the NTDUG. I have signed up, 100 max, and 71 confirmed so far.

Following is info from the NTDUG:

March - Meet the FAA
Saturday, March 11, 2017
12:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Nedderman Hall at the University of Texas at Arlington
Room 100, Arlington, TX

Representatives will be available for a panel discussion on anything drone that you would like to ask. For example, Drone business questions, FAA policy, Airspace issues, "I've heard that the FAA...", and even the question what do you recommend I do?

This is going to be the best bet in town for you to get answers straight from the horses mouth so bring your best questions!

If you want someone or some skill set added to the panel PLEASE ASK! Message Chad Frazer ASAP so we can get this show on the road!

This meeting is for ALL DRONE USERS, business or hobby types alike!

Panel:

Rob Lowe, FAA Terminal District Manager - Can answer many airspace and "can I fly here" questions

CONFIRMED: CDR Arjuna Fields, US Navy Military Liaison to the FAA - Can answer questions regarding FAA and military drone policies.

CONFIRMED: Chad Frazer, Host and Civilian Drone Expert - Can answer technology, best practices and operations questions.

CONFIRMED: Alvin Brunner - Aviation Safety, Can answer most if not all FAA policy questions

CONFIRMED: Kyle Hardman, FAA Flight Instructor and Part 107 Instructor - Can answer Part 107 questions including where to go to get a prep class

Brian Krinner - Dallas Love Field Air Traffic Control Trainer - Can answer all airspace policies and uses as well as how to talk to ATC

AUVSI Representative is possible

Chris Doherty - Local FAA Drone Enforcement Officer

Douglas Boyson - Air Traffic Manager at Dallas Love Field

Jason B Melvin - Drone Lawyer here in Texas

CONFIRMED: Lloyd Wright - FAA Safety Team Representative for sUAS North Texas FSDO

Attendee Cap: 100

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Just got my Mavic Pro, in the 35W/N Tarrant Parkway area. Looking forward to having some fun with this!

In case anyone in the frisco/Plano/mckinney area was curious. Hope Park in frisco has a lot of open space and only has one helipad within 5 miles owned by a company that no longer exists.
Flew there last weekend and got some nice footage of the Veterans Memorial.
Early enough in the morning only had one jogger politely tell me "that looks fun".

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Mtn. Man
Krum, TX here! In case some people that do not know where that is at, I'll just say Denton. Taking mine out tomorrow for the maiden flight! Just gonna take her to the North Lake Parks over here sometime after 10am. Maybe I'll see someone there!

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

May I ask where this awesome place to practice would be? I'm still looking at local parks but watching out for someone to tell me that I can't fly my drone at that specific park. If you have a good place to practice and fly, let us know for those in my area. Thanks!

Arlington here. Ordered my Mavic last night and FedEx says it will be here by 10:30am Friday morning. Waiting patiently......I think it would be cool if some of us may up one day and flew together.

May I ask where this awesome place to practice would be? I'm still looking at local parks but watching out for someone to tell me that I can't fly my drone at that specific park. If you have a good place to practice and fly, let us know for those in my area. Thanks!

Mallard Cove Park, Ft Worth
Located Aprox .5 Mile east of 820s on north side of Randol Mill Rd. Approx 1/8 mile past the great southwest rc flying field. Rc racers and fixed wing are common as you enter the park. Park in lot at end of street and to your left are large open spaces with no trees as well as a couple of ponds and trees. The Trinity River is on the north side of the park. Last weekend I finally got the courage to fly over the trinity and at altitude of 390'. I'd be there this weekend but I'm going to the indoor flyin at the San Angelo Arena
Hope to meet y'all soon

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm in the east Plano area. Got my Mavic about a week ago. Still learning its capabilities. I have a few projects in mind, one of which is a potentially ongoing collab with a friend.

Unfortunately I'm going to be moving to Las Colinas inside of Class B airspace soon :/ So I'll have to look for a place to fly for practice and experimentation. I hear there's a good area off Sandy Lake.

Not a Texas native but heading out to Lake Fork in two weeks to bass fish and was hoping to get some flying time in while there. Anywhere in that area have any tips? Used the hover app and it doesn't seem to have any airports around it limiting me

Anybody wanna go to Ray Roberts Dam tomorrow and fly? Weather permitting of course.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929