DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone in Dallas / Fort Worth?

Where is the open fly area in Grand Prairie? Where can I find out more about this?

The owner of Dallas Drone, a drone shop in Grand Prairie and Plano,
Has arranged with the city of Grand Prairie, to open the gates at an undeveloped park in the city, every Saturday. Last Saturday was the first time, and thee were approx 30 pilots with all types of drones, electric fixed fixed wing pilots are also ok.

The name of the undeveloped park is Prairie Park, just north of the old
Naval Air Station. Following is their invitation, no charge and a lot of fellowship.

Fly with Dallas Drone on Saturdays at 300 NE 25th Street Grand
Prairie, Texas 75050 from 11 AM until 5 PM.

Hope to see you there.

Reactions: Victron
Yes, we are meeting today at the park on Spring Creek at 1 pm. Take Spring Creek east of U S 75 go past Jupiter Rd. (about 1/2 mile east of 75). The College is on your right. Keep going till you almost reach Parker Rd. On the left you will see the Park and parking lot. If you get to Parker Rd. you went too far. I hope to see you there.
buddyb

Hey buddyb,

Fellow flyer from up the road in Prosper. Who all is meeting today at the park off Spring Creek? If you wouldn't mind, I might like to join you all, schedule permitting. Just a tad windy (nothing the MAVIC can't handle) but looks like an otherwise beautiful day for flying. I did the most recent firmware update yesterday and am interested in trying out the new "fixed wing" mode.

Reactions: Hauptmann
This looks like fun. I'm in far north Dallas. Do you guys meet every Saturday or so?

Reactions: Hauptmann
This looks like fun. I'm in far north Dallas. Do you guys meet every Saturday or so?
Some of us (3) are meeting at Mallard Cove Park in FW this Saturday. Quite a distance from N Dallas, but you're more than welcome to join us.

Got family & grandkids coming in this weekend but maybe down the line.

Near Beltline & Coit (soccer and baseball fields). It's close and gives me a chance to tryout all the formats, etc.

Usually fly at Pier 121 Marina (Lewisville) and neighboring Corp of Engineering property. I usually stay around 100 ft AGL though.

Some of us (3) are meeting at Mallard Cove Park in FW this Saturday. Quite a distance from N Dallas, but you're more than welcome to join us.

Hello I also fly with a couple friends. Have you gone back to Mallard Cove recently? Keep us posted maybe we can meetup sometime.

I'm a new owner of a Mavic in Grand Prairie and would love to meet up with you guys and fly.

New Mavic Air pilot located in N. Grand Prairie. Unfortunately, in a no-fly zone so I'm looking for places to go learn....this week preferably. Headed to Southern Utah next week for a hiking expedition and really hoping to use my new MA while outside the National Park I'll be visiting.

New Mavic Air pilot located in N. Grand Prairie. Unfortunately, in a no-fly zone so I'm looking for places to go learn....this week preferably. Headed to Southern Utah next week for a hiking expedition and really hoping to use my new MA while outside the National Park I'll be visiting.

I'm up in The Colony area. I fly near Pier 121 marina. Lots of open fields and often good sunsets. Happy to meet up with you one evening or this weekend and trade tricks and tips. I have a Mavic Pro and Mavic Air.

Reactions: TXParrothead

If I'm just testing and learning to fly there is a place to fly in Denton: Google Maps

Reactions: TXParrothead
I'm up in The Colony area. I fly near Pier 121 marina. Lots of open fields and often good sunsets. Happy to meet up with you one evening or this weekend and trade tricks and tips. I have a Mavic Pro and Mavic Air.
That would be fantastic! Let me know what works best for you and I'll see if I can't get up that way during a day/time that works best for you. I work from home so I can also get way during the daytime depending on my schedule that day. MUCH thanks for the offer!

Reactions: Shindig
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore