DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone in Dallas / Fort Worth?

Mallard Cove Park is a great place to fly. I fly there frequently. It seems like I usually see 1 or 2 other drones there when I go on the weekends. Lots of open space, very few people, if any, and some scenery that's not that bad for Central Texas (although it's nothing to get too excited about).

Went out there today....had no idea it was tucked back there! Got my first flights in and man.....this is addictive! Very successful first flights as I was more focused on how it responded. I did record several clips of really NO interest and shot a few images as well. Incredibly impressed with this little piece of technology! May end up getting rid of all my Nikon DSLR, GoPro, Gear360 stuff as a result.... ;) (nah, not really but man....what fun this was!)

Excellent, Thank You very much. I've also found a place over in east Ft. Worth that seems to be drone friendly....Mallard Cove Park. Gonna try to get out there this afternoon for my maiden flight.
I'm new to this forum but I have been flying as a Hobbie for almost a year I'm in little elm and would like too find good places to fly

McKinney Frisco border; been trying to fly for about 6 months. Have a few open fields and parks close by that I typically go play in, and chase the kids around. Been itching to fly the last week, but this weather is killing me!!

How is it going guys! I'm in Arlington area.

Anyone completed your FAA 107 drone pilot license ?

Argyle TX. North of Dallas and just southwest of Denton. Had my Mavic about a month. Bought at MicroCenter in Richardson. Bought the Fly More and the Goggles. They price match so I've been back twice for refunds. They paid no problem.
. Just been flying around the neighborhood with no issues. I fly as high as I can <400' so as not to get anyone's attention.
I am looking to get the 107 as I learn as to what's involved. I'm not looking to become commercial but I understand it will open a few doors as to where you can and cannot fly around the state of Texas. I understand the regulations are geared more towards commercial than recreational flying. Since joining the MavicPilots board I've been getting emails from all types of drone boards regardless. So this board is obviously sharing it's members info.

Argyle TX. North of Dallas and just southwest of Denton. Had my Mavic about a month. Bought at MicroCenter in Richardson. Bought the Fly More and the Goggles. They price match so I've been back twice for refunds. They paid no problem.
. Just been flying around the neighborhood with no issues. I fly as high as I can <400' so as not to get anyone's attention.
I am looking to get the 107 as I learn as to what's involved. I'm not looking to become commercial but I understand it will open a few doors as to where you can and cannot fly around the state of Texas. I understand the regulations are geared more towards commercial than recreational flying. Since joining the MavicPilots board I've been getting emails from all types of drone boards regardless. So this board is obviously sharing it's members info.
I live in Little Elm and also want to get my 107 license maybe we could meet in Denton and study together I also have a mavic without the goggles but I enjoy flying all over when I can find a safe place to fly message me back if you want to get together

I'm new to this forum but I have been flying as a Hobbie for almost a year I'm in little elm and would like too find good places to fly

This is a cool spot if you like flying over water.

There is a 12 mile stretch of the lake from here with line of site which is great for testing range performance of your rig.

Google Maps

Welcome @LAZRTX , @Shindig and @solarex . I'm in Coppell, TX (just outside of the DFW NFZ - Thank God). I got the Mavic Pro when they first came out and the goggles 6 months later and love them both. I fly whenever I get the chance, when weather allows, when it's not too hot, at various places around DFW and always take my MP with me when I travel.

I have a question for you, @LAZRTX: You mentioned getting a Part 107 certification because it would "open some doors" for you, in terms of where you can fly; not because you're interested in doing commercial work necessarily. Can you explain what you mean? I was thinking of getting the 107 so that I could do commercial work. I'm not familiar with how being 107 certified makes it any easier to fly anywhere. I believe that the 107 actually means you have to follow MORE STRICT guidelines than a plain recreational pilot. Maybe you know something I don't know? You're right: the regulations are geared more toward commercial flying / meaning less regulations for recreational pilots.

New Mavic Air owner, has not been delivered yet, in Burleson area. Total new to drone, but hoping to learn a lot from the forum. In a no-fly zone so looking for places to take the new MA out and learn how to fly it.

Welcome @LAZRTX , @Shindig and @solarex . I'm in Coppell, TX (just outside of the DFW NFZ - Thank God). I got the Mavic Pro when they first came out and the goggles 6 months later and love them both. I fly whenever I get the chance, when weather allows, when it's not too hot, at various places around DFW and always take my MP with me when I travel.

I have a question for you, @LAZRTX: You mentioned getting a Part 107 certification because it would "open some doors" for you, in terms of where you can fly; not because you're interested in doing commercial work necessarily. Can you explain what you mean? I was thinking of getting the 107 so that I could do commercial work. I'm not familiar with how being 107 certified makes it any easier to fly anywhere. I believe that the 107 actually means you have to follow MORE STRICT guidelines than a plain recreational pilot. Maybe you know something I don't know? You're right: the regulations are geared more toward commercial flying / meaning less regulations for recreational pilots.
Hello Tray, I passed the 107 exam last month and I think it's worth the trouble because I'm now much more prepared to answer questions from Joe Public, and I know with certainty that my flying activities are legal and defensible. Plus, my snarky friend that teased me for being a grown man playing with 'toys' doesn't any more.
Cheers and Safe Flying,
Geezer

Also curious about the 107. When you say "legal and defensible", do you have to be actually doing a commercial job for it to mean that, or does it now cover all your flying?

B88F04A2-2F9C-41C9-B75A-CECC2FF3F1A4.jpeg 422C8A59-9AF7-4D20-BFDC-E5F6678634F1.png FACA3D0B-F1D9-427D-B908-8581CEE32596.png Need help. I live in Frisco, TX. I’m not a mavic user but has (had) a spark. Last evening sudden wind took it away and it supposedly landed on a school roof top. Can anyone nearby help me just to check if it indeed there? Greatly appreciate your help.

Thankyou.

I see there is DFW drone group. Is there one for the Houston area? I would be interested in joining.

If anybody can share a link with me or a meetup link of one in Houston or closer to me than Dallas, I would appreciate it.

I live in the Houston area and just got a Mavic 2 Pro.

All right....I'm still learning and practicing and I know I should have added background music, but here is a brief video I made at Mallard Cove.

I haven't gone as far as color grading and all that. Just trying to practice the cinematography moves.

Last edited:
Reactions: TxArch DroneGuy
Hello everyone. Live in the Fort Worth/Mid Cities area. Anyone live on the west side of DFW airport? Just wondering how many have Mavics over in this area. Hope we have another meetup soon. I don't know any good places to practice and fly. Let me know if a group is forming and any events coming up. Thanks.

Reactions: TxArch DroneGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan