DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone into RC trucks / cars?

Cool truck. I race 1/8th and 1/10th scale electric off-road at a local track, but with COVID my friends are really trying to convince me to get into the crawling. Pretty popular around here. Have fun.

Reactions: macoman
Cool truck. I race 1/8th and 1/10th scale electric off-road at a local track, but with COVID my friends are really trying to convince me to get into the crawling. Pretty popular around here. Have fun.
I bought the truck not really for crawling rocks but when the terrain is not solid. If I want to take it to the beach, I know it will be able to handle the terrain without issue.

I thought I was into it lol. So I bought a Traxxas rustler 4x4 stadium truck and it was fun but my passion is in the sky. It was a beast of a truck though I was definitely impressed at what it could do. I would definitely recommend it though for anybody that’d into hobby grade trucks.
Traxxas TRA67064-1-RED Rustler 4X4: 1/10-scale 4WD Stadium Truck Amazon.com: Traxxas Rustler 4x4, 4x4 RC Truck, 1/10 Scale, Red: Toys & Games

I've got a Losi 5ive-T 2.0 but don't get to run it much as it's too big
From a crawler perspective I have a HPI Venture FJ Cruiser and the Hobau DC-1

I collect Kyosho Inferno GT2 touring and DRX rally cars both nitro and ep
and play with 1/5 ep motorbikes

Last edited:
I've got a Losi 5ive-T 2.0 but don't get to run it much as it's too big
From a crawler perspective I have a HPI Venture FJ Cruiser and the Hobau DC-1

I collect Kyosho Inferno GT2 touring and DRX rally cars both nitro and ep
and play with 1/5 ep motorbikes
Wow, that's a lot of fun for sure!

Wow, that's a lot of fun for sure!

There is probably more tinkering with the land based stuff as most of it can get up to 80mph
Also more risk of taking out the legs, the Losi weighs 35lbs and at 30mph in stock it's pretty dangerous

There is probably more tinkering with the land based stuff as most of it can get up to 80mph
Also more risk of taking out the legs, the Losi weighs 35lbs and at 30mph in stock it's pretty dangerous
That truck seem to cost a lot of money if it's weight that much. The one I bought in Amazon, only weight 1350grm.

That truck seem to cost a lot of money if it's weight that much. The one I bought in Amazon, only weight 1350grm.

The Losi is 1/5th scale and it has a 32cc gas motor which is heavy

Last edited:
My friend is really into the Traxxas trucks. He owns a 6s Xmaxx, a Stampede, and an E-Revo. He drives them hard and has some extreme fun with them! I've driven them and they are tons of fun to play with. I've brought up the idea of installing the DJI FPV system on the trucks for racing purposes. If you think about it, Traxxas is the best of R/C cars and trucks, and DJI is the best of camera systems and drones. If you combine the two, you could make a truly mean machine!

I have a Slash 4x4 that thinks it's an airplane every time I squeeze the trigger lol

Haven't touched it in years, but it's got a Castle motor upgrade and hit 80+ on 4S

Takes quite a beating

Reactions: pelagic_one
Cool videos. That’s a lot of power running through a slash. I’m running a 1900kv and 4s in my buggy’s and 4300kv/2s in my Tekno SCT. Can’t imagine either of those in my Slash. How’d you mount the camera in the slash.

I used a TRA6840 GoPro mount and added a couple of roll bars made up of bent stainless steel rods

I've just picked up one of these

Reactions: LoganAir
Looks like a great starter truck! I have a Traxxas trx-4 sport (highly modded), stampede 2wd, blast, dji mini 2, did have a e flight apprentice s, and am about to get a blade 230s helicopter. Great hobby and lots of fun! [Removed by ADMIN]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm torn right now, as I race offroad, most of my race rigs are Associated and have a few traxxas trucks for bashing. Do take at least one of my drones with me racing in case I want to get in a recreational flight! ")

Back in the early 1970s I got into 1/12th Scale Gas, all plastic chassis, only had springs on the front, the throttle was an exhaust restrictor, and the brake was a pad that scuffed against the flywheel. The engines were .049 and it was really fun. Since I was using a Heathkit 8-channel, I mounted three servos in it, steering, throttle/brake, and movable wing. Messy was not strong enough a word… I had to put the two cars I raced in a tub to bring in the house after racing, They were dripping castor oil and covered in road dirt…

By the mid-70s, I was into 1/8th scale gas, oval and track, Real racing engines, Supertiger .21 with tuned exhaust, disc brakes, and differentials…

In the early '80s, I got into 1/12th (Associate 12-I, Cox Tomahawk, and a Tamiya Frog) electric indoor track, and in the mid 80's I was into 1/10th electric dirt and indoor track (Associate RC-10) …

Now, I'm just happy to be Droning…

But I vicariously drive on YouTube, once again as a 10-year old boy…

Reactions: Mavic Merrick
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22