DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The final countdown!

WillyRednck

Reactions
I've always loved rc vehicles of all kinds since was a little kid. My first rc I remember was a little mack truck with a cord that was about 6 or 7 feet long. I've had trucks, cars, tanks, crazy stunt vehicles (tyco haha), boats. I eventually got into modding and repairing them all. My Dad's buddy had a gas rc plane when I was little, he would drop a A+W RootBear stuffy with a parachute for us kids to run and catch. I always thought a flying rc would be cool. When they came out with the tiny rc helicopters with the gyro, rc flight was finally something I could afford. I ended up getting the original Litehawk helicopter. The next year I got the zoom airplane. Then I started to hear about drones in the next couple years. I'm pretty sure it was 2014 when I spotted the Helimax 1-sq vcam in our local hobby shop, I bought it at $270 Canadian. Ever since I've loved to fly drones. I have 7 now. The 1-sq, a tiny eachine e013, a Litehawk quattro, a cheerson cx10c, a small folding generic one I can't remember the name of, but I'm pretty sure was sold by about 4 or 5 different companies, and 2 Holystone HS165s. I am waiting to order my first dji (a mini2), 2 extra batteries, the 3 battery charger, and a tablet as soon as I get my pay cheque deposited this morning. It's the final countdown! Hahaha.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I am waiting to order my first dji (a mini2)
It's a great drone! Here are some things to help you get started with it:
  • The current Mini 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mini 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mini 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mini 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

My MA2 is on a Fedex truck this morning and "out for delivery". msinger - Mavic Help above posted a great set of helpful tips and links. The website noted is a huge, huge help. I have found an abundance of helpful posts and tips on this amazing forum. ENJOY!!

My MA2 is on a Fedex truck this morning and "out for delivery". msinger - Mavic Help above posted a great set of helpful tips and links. The website noted is a huge, huge help. I have found an abundance of helpful posts and tips on this amazing forum. ENJOY!!
Woot Woot.. Just take it slow to start and you will be fine!!!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Woot Woot.. Just take it slow to start and you will be fine!!!
Funny thing is that I have been a flight instructor for 34 years but NOW I am a "student pilot" again. I am ready to takeoff and get going, as you say - "take it slow". I have the Care Refresh but do not want to use it.

Thanks for the greetings and information. I ordered my at 2:15am, right after I got paid. After a lot of looking around, I ended up ordering the huawei mediapad T5(3gb ram 10.1"). I already 3d printed a extender to hook it to the remote and a lanyard hook for the remote. I got the parts from thingiverse.com, but I had to extend the tablet clip before printing it, because it was designed for a smaller tablet. The tablet holder: dji mini 2 controller tablet holder by mich88

I've always loved rc vehicles of all kinds since was a little kid. My first rc I remember was a little mack truck with a cord that was about 6 or 7 feet long. I've had trucks, cars, tanks, crazy stunt vehicles (tyco haha), boats. I eventually got into modding and repairing them all. My Dad's buddy had a gas rc plane when I was little, he would drop a A+W RootBear stuffy with a parachute for us kids to run and catch. I always thought a flying rc would be cool. When they came out with the tiny rc helicopters with the gyro, rc flight was finally something I could afford. I ended up getting the original Litehawk helicopter. The next year I got the zoom airplane. Then I started to hear about drones in the next couple years. I'm pretty sure it was 2014 when I spotted the Helimax 1-sq vcam in our local hobby shop, I bought it at $270 Canadian. Ever since I've loved to fly drones. I have 7 now. The 1-sq, a tiny eachine e013, a Litehawk quattro, a cheerson cx10c, a small folding generic one I can't remember the name of, but I'm pretty sure was sold by about 4 or 5 different companies, and 2 Holystone HS165s. I am waiting to order my first dji (a mini2), 2 extra batteries, the 3 battery charger, and a tablet as soon as I get my pay cheque deposited this morning. It's the final countdown! Hahaha.
Welcome to the forum from the mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Welcome to the forum We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica