DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone know how to add additional aircraft to a waiver?

WilliamDaugherty

Reactions
Site
drone-artist.com
Thanks in large part to Vic Moss' efforts on our behalf, I was recently granted a waiver for 107.39 and 107.145 (operations over people and moving vehicles). At the time of the original application I only had one aircraft that met the requirements (DJI Mini4Pro). I have since then added prop guards, RID module, and a 3SM-visible strobe light to my DJI Mini2 which gives it the same features outlined in the aforementioned waiver.

I only bring this up because I noticed during the application that one of the terms to which I had to agree was that I would maintain a list of aircraft that would be applicable for this waiver. The trouble is, I can’t find a way to update the aircraft list. Anyone else figured this out? Thanks!

I'm hoping that the separate waiver for heavier aircraft (with parachutes) can be managed similarly. Given the waivers run for at least four years, I expect several aircraft will fill the same role throughout that timeframe.

It depends.

You'll waiver will have one or both provisions allowing either "sUA Up to and Including .88 pounds", and/or "sUA Greater Than 0.88 Pounds".

If you have the first one, simply add any any qualifying drone to the list of UAS you're supposed to keep anyway as per Common Special Provision 6. If you also have the larger weight class, you can do that same thing. If you don't have the larger weight class, and you want to add that to your waiver, you have to apply for a waiver amendment to include that weight class on your current waiver.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimcore2000